Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What cat litter do you use?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm at a loss at what litter to use because it seems no matter what I use by day 4 it stinks horribly.

I totally dump out the litter and disinfect the boxes and let them dry every 2 weeks. The boxes themselves are probably a year old and don't stink after they are cleaned.

I've tried
Arm and hammer litter
Fresh step
Tidy cats
The one in the purple box with a cat on it (what's the name???? It's a name brand)
I've tried walmarts cat litter
Targets cat litter.

I don't want to try the wheat or corn litters because they are a crap load more expensive than the others. It would cost me about 64 bucks a month if I used those litters. Plus I've used them in the past and didn't like really care for them.

I've also tried a spray that arm and hammer makes for litter boxes.

I've tried the liners and they tear the bags up.

They get scooped out daily.

So what else do I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I have a automatic litter box. Cleans itself and never stinks. Comes with plastic litter.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I e used those in the past too. The one that uses real litter and has a rake and the one that uses those clear plastic pellets. They never end up lasting too long.

I do want that really nice one that washes the litter each time but we don't have the space for it right now.

Quoting wkukid:

I have a automatic litter box. Cleans itself and never stinks. Comes with plastic litter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

It is big, that's what we have. I tucked it in the basement bathroom where it's never noticed. As far as the actual litter I never found one that didn't smell. Arm and hammer was the closest I ever got.

Quoting Roxygurl:

I e used those in the past too. The one that uses real litter and has a rake and the one that uses those clear plastic pellets. They never end up lasting too long.

I do want that really nice one that washes the litter each time but we don't have the space for it right now.

Quoting wkukid:

brvdsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM

we have 3  cats that all use the same box we use clumping fresh step, we scoop daily never any smell

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
We live in a 750sq foot apartment with one bathroom and my lease isn't up till march. That will be one I the first purchases I make as soon as I gave the space.

Quoting wkukid:

It is big, that's what we have. I tucked it in the basement bathroom where it's never noticed. As far as the actual litter I never found one that didn't smell. Arm and hammer was the closest I ever got.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting wkukid:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)