Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The girl who cried divorce...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
4 moms liked this
It seems like whenever I read post about a woman upset over something her dh did/said a lot of the advice she gets is to divorce him.

How about communicate with your dh and work together to solve the conflict. Or do vows mean nothing? Sometimes men are idiots and insensitive. Get over it. Quit whining about how terrible your life is because you asked him if this outfit makes you look fat and you didn't think he was sincere when he said no!
No wonder the divorce rates are so high.

I'm not against divorce btw, and in abusive situations the advice should ALWAYS be leave. But if your husband in the heat if an argument calls you a name?

I'm not going to leave my husband because he called me a bitch, or for some fucking reason cant seem to put the toiket seat down or doesn't change dds diapers unless told.

Rant over.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Johnsonmommy5
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Right on!! Work it out!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Bump
Nicolemomto2
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Agreed! This is coming from a divorcee too, I tried everything for my marriage to work out, but sadly it doesn't work when only one is willing to fix it. No one should give up until you've tried EVERYTHING.

PitbullPrincess
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM

You should get a divorce!!  

I'm just playin'...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Right? I'm not against divorce at all. But one shouldn't be willing to throw in the towel so easily.
My have been through hell and high water with my dh. Through deployments PTSD, and drug addiction. I always had his back and supported him. I am a woman therefore I am strong. :)

Quoting Nicolemomto2:

Agreed! This is coming from a divorcee too, I tried everything for my marriage to work out, but sadly it doesn't work when only one is willing to fix it. No one should give up until you've tried EVERYTHING.

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Thank you!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Bump!
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Quoting Johnsonmommy5:

Right on!! Work it out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I do believe that when in a marriage you should try to work out the kinks that may come up.  I have been married and divorced and currently I have been living with a man for 5.5 years and im in the process of moving out as we speak.  My first was I was young and I nor him was willing to work it out.  This time he's addicted and refuses to get help, wont work and really don't do a whole lot with the kids.  But yet has the balls to tell me that I need to "grow up and learn how to be a mother".  Yep I grew up all right and now he can kiss my a$$!  Im not dealing with the addiction anymore if he thinks his highs need to come before his kids then so be it, but im not going to sit around and take it anymore.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Good for you! You deserve better!

Quoting Anonymous:

I do believe that when in a marriage you should try to work out the kinks that may come up.  I have been married and divorced and currently I have been living with a man for 5.5 years and im in the process of moving out as we speak.  My first was I was young and I nor him was willing to work it out.  This time he's addicted and refuses to get help, wont work and really don't do a whole lot with the kids.  But yet has the balls to tell me that I need to "grow up and learn how to be a mother".  Yep I grew up all right and now he can kiss my a$$!  Im not dealing with the addiction anymore if he thinks his highs need to come before his kids then so be it, but im not going to sit around and take it anymore.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)