Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!!!!!!! ETA...An ADULT is BULLYING my son...HELP!!!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 87 Replies
Both my boys play baseball. Because DH works out of state, it's just me for the most part. My family helps as much as they can though.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, both boys have ball practice. When I take my oldest to his practice, I usually sit in the car with my youngest because we are usually trying to get his homework done. I stay at ODS's practice for about 20-30 minutes, then I have to take YDS to his practice. They practice at opposite ends of our city, so about 15-20 minutes apart one way. My sister picks up ODS from his practice for me.

***On to my point. One of the other mothers is CONSTANTLY saying stuff to my ODS. It's almost like she thinks she's his mom. Last week, he was spitting during practice and she kept telling him to quit spitting. (Yes, spitting is gross, but in his defense, he had crud draining down the back if his throat and was spitting out what he was coughing up). At one point, another parent overheard her tell MY son that is he spit again she was going to get a switch after him.

Now I am PISSED. My sister is going to be at his next practice in case she tries to say anything to him, but she can't be at every practice because both my nephews play ball too.

So how do I go about handling this without making things worse for my son when someone can't be right there for his whole practice?

I am married, but DH is gone working more than he's home. It's up to me to get them where they need to be. It's not just this ONE statement she has made. She had made several. She nitpicks at EVERY little thing he does.

******UPDATE******

So I finally talked to the mom. The ONLY thing she got onto my son about was the spitting. She did say something about getting a switch after someone, but it was HER son she was talking to. I'm so glad I talked to her before going to the president of the Dixie Youth board. I'm also glad things are now settled. Such a huge relief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Really?  Let him suck it up.  If he's old enough to be at practice without a parent there, he's old enough to follow the rules.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Switch after him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there any way someone else can take your younger son to practice so you can stay at your older son's practice? Then you could observe firsthand what is happening. Stories almost always are exaggerated in retelling, so what really happened and what made it to your ears are likely not the same thing.

hismommy2010
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't think it's right for her to threaten your child with a switch. but spitting is gross, and no one wants to step in that.

You need to be able to be there, that's the bottom line. if you can't, then you need to rethink how things are working. Your child is your responsibility, not anyone elses. It's probaly being done because they know his parent isn't there.

Tiff_R_92
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her to shut her mouth and worry about her own kids and not yours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Talk to her. Tell her what you were told. It's not acceptable and you would appreciate it if she kept her mouth shut. 

I would think she wouldn't want others doing that with her children. She should have the same respect. Unfortunately some people need reminded of this.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe it's a generational thing, but that was the norm when I was growing up. Adults generally had authority over children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Doesn't sound like bullying. I was thinking something else.

Just tell her to shut up.

terpmama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Maybe have the coach keep an eye on it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)