Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To make money would you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Collect pop cans and turn them in for money? Do you consider this trashy? Go to garage sales/thrift stores/craigslist and buy things with the full of reselling them? Do you think it's morally right to go to places (garage sales & craigslist mainly) and buy to resell?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Fucking right.

We buy at auctions almost weekly, and sell on ebay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
My husband buys things from garage/yard sales, eBay and Craigslist with the intention of reselling. I think it is awesome
chane_L
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM

we save our soda cans for our kid's school it has a recycle program as to cut down on the # of cookie dough sales and such. ( since starting it now there are only 2 fundraising sales instead of 4) 

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle ( if you apply those actions to most things it helps the retirement account)

saralovely129
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

We recycle just for that...we don't get things off craigslist because I'm not sure how it goes

AnnRmommaof3
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I would do anything if we were in a bind, to keep my kids fed and clothed. I would do whatever it took. My kids will NEVER go hungry or without. If someone my dh lost his job I would stand on a street corner begging if I had to. Trashy or not my kids will get breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, clothing, clean water, and a roof over their heads, heat in the winter, toilet paper, etc.

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Hell yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM

My dh buys stuff and resells it. He does it with his father and they both really enjoy it. He doesn't make alot of money doing it, it's more of a hobby. The money he makes just goes back into it. Most of the time I"m ok with it, but when he brings a bunch of "crap" home to work on and leaves it pilled around the hosue, that really bothers me! 

When I was a young teen I'd go around finding pop bottles and returning them for the money to go to the skating rink! 

AHmom103
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

My husband grew up doing stuff like that, so I'm sure if we had to, we would. But he really doesn't want our kids growing up like that, so we don't do it now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Pop cans? Don't you mean beer cans?
FoodIsLife
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Know what I hate?

Coupon Shelf sweepers that sell their shit at the flea markets. They don't leave anything for me :-( All I wanted was a tube or two of toothpaste on sell but its all gone. I've SEEN a lady do it, didn't even leave one behind AND I was waiting behind her so I could grab one...she walked off and smiled at me. Grr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)