Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?! HELP!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
If your 2 year old raised his hands at you?! Or makes a fist to punch you in the face?? Calls you fat and a bitch?!? I was in an abusive relationship and its been a year since we left that situation but now he's acting out like he's father.I don't believe in hitting nor spanking.Do i raise my voice a lil bit?! He doesn't listen to me one bit i gotta constantly repeat myself.Im lost on what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I'd try time outs or taking a beloved toy. Make sure you explain why he's in time out and then reaffirm it when you take him out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
sorry i had to go to work.I've tried time out and taking toys away he will just cry out and scream mad loud.

Quoting MilkLover0203:

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I'd try time outs or taking a beloved toy. Make sure you explain why he's in time out and then reaffirm it when you take him out.

melschlegs
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

It sounds like he has anger issues.  Is his father still in his life?  (I kind of hope not, seeing how he was abusive to you.) 

Honestly, I would try to seek out some therapy for him.  Also, I would wait until he's calm and try talking to him when he's calm and doing something he enjoys (coloring, puzzles, etc.).  I know he's only 2, but children of that age can be very blunt and honest with how they're feeling if they are approached calmly and with compassion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Put him over my knee and whoop his little ass! If you can't control a 2 yr old, you're not going to be able to control a 16 yr old.
MilkLover0203
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I would seek a child therapist out then. It'll be helpful for him to be able to express himself even at such a young age.

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry i had to go to work.I've tried time out and taking toys away he will just cry out and scream mad loud.

Quoting MilkLover0203:

KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Exactly what she said. And be consistent. Don't ever let it slide

Quoting MilkLover0203:

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Yes, obviously you will help this poor child resolve his violent anger by hitting him.

Moron.

Good luck, mama. That must be really tough. I'd suggest constant calm but firm reminders "we don't hit!" and consult his pediatrician or a child psychologist for more ideas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Put him over my knee and whoop his little ass! If you can't control a 2 yr old, you're not going to be able to control a 16 yr old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
He's a handful literary I've been thinking about child therapy at work thinking its the right thing for him.he's father comes sees him once in a while but only when my family is around.

Quoting melschlegs:

It sounds like he has anger issues.  Is his father still in his life?  (I kind of hope not, seeing how he was abusive to you.) 

Honestly, I would try to seek out some therapy for him.  Also, I would wait until he's calm and try talking to him when he's calm and doing something he enjoys (coloring, puzzles, etc.).  I know he's only 2, but children of that age can be very blunt and honest with how they're feeling if they are approached calmly and with compassion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM
LMFAO. Thanks honey, but nope.

Quoting RobinBright:

Yes, obviously you will help this poor child resolve his violent anger by hitting him.

Moron.

Good luck, mama. That must be really tough. I'd suggest constant calm but firm reminders "we don't hit!" and consult his pediatrician or a child psychologist for more ideas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Its like i told my ex ((abuser)) that he's doing everything that he used to do to me call me names such as fat and hitch and raises his hands to punch me in the face.My ex put me through alot infront of him.And wanna know what my ex had to say oh well he didn't learn that from me that was a long time ago and he was little my son was 1 yrs old now he's 2.It doesn't matter he still remembers it no matter how long ago it was.He's actually saying he's learning it from me...like really?!

Quoting RobinBright:

Moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)