Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Accessible through/by date.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

When something states "Accessible through April 2013", would you assume the item would be accessible through April FIRST, or for the whole month of April?

I'm re-ordering portraits. Apparently the giant company I ordered them through already deleted the photos, even though it says they are "accessible through April 2013".

Dangit :( 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Aww c'mon. I just need one person to answer then I'll delete this dumb post!!

jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

guess that answered your question.. are you sure it wasn't through one of the big chains that just recently went bankrupt? That may be perhaps why you are having more difficulty with it. 

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I would assume by the end of the month...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HeartStrings222
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I agree with you. Through the month of April implies that they are available until the end of the month.

jesistar6910
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

A.) chill out it's only been 5 minutes.

B.) I would think it means the end of April.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It's stupid lifetouch, school pics. Definitely not bankrupt, just lacking customer service skills. I contacted them a month ago initially and they just tell me today I'm shit outta luck. But it says on the "Smile Safe Kids" card that the image is accessible through April 2013, and on the back of the order envelope. A lot of good a safe kids card is if the image isn't actually accessible...Dang. 

Quoting jessi2girls:

guess that answered your question.. are you sure it wasn't through one of the big chains that just recently went bankrupt? That may be perhaps why you are having more difficulty with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I'm impatient, I will admit. Sorry! :) 

Quoting jesistar6910:

A.) chill out it's only been 5 minutes.

B.) I would think it means the end of April.

jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM

That sucks.. i would call the school and complain about what's happened.. perhaps they can help you more, or at least it will be noted and perhaps next year they will contract with someone else..

on the ones we just got (okay about a month ago) it says  to return to the school by april 5, 2013.. you could also orger online but there are additional fees I believe and I forget the date the ones online had to be done by.. (it was on the slip I already turned in to order them on). 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's stupid lifetouch, school pics. Definitely not bankrupt, just lacking customer service skills. I contacted them a month ago initially and they just tell me today I'm shit outta luck. But it says on the "Smile Safe Kids" card that the image is accessible through April 2013, and on the back of the order envelope. A lot of good a safe kids card is if the image isn't actually accessible...Dang. 

Quoting jessi2girls:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)