Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm not shaving my legs!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
...until I get some advice. I get ingrown hairs like a mofo, especially on my inner thighs. I shave going up...someone told me to try the opposite and it did nothing for the bumps and ingrowns plus it left behind more hair. What am I doing wrong? Is it the way I shave? The razor? What???
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazzyMamma66
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

pop them!!!

thats what i do!

lol, no but my legs get bumpy during the winter, make sure you mosturize... usually during the summer they get better.

try googling it too.. you may find a home rememdy or something

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Maybe exfoliate before you shave?
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM

exfoliate every other day or so. i use a dry brush pre-shower, i think a loofah in the shower would do fine too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Nooooo!!!! I've done it before and it takes longer for them to go away and it leaves scars!

Quoting CrazzyMamma66:

pop them!!!

thats what i do!

lol, no but my legs get bumpy during the winter, make sure you mosturize... usually during the summer they get better.

try googling it too.. you may find a home rememdy or something

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Try waxing or using conditioner to shave. Or a different type of razor.
mamacough
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I have to use a new razor on my upper thighs and bikini area. if I use a dull one I get bumps. Shave slowly and use conditioner instead of soap.

Mommyof1_2013
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM

try using a shave cream for sensitive skin, or a shaving cream like coochy (you can purchase it through me, I'm a Pure Romance consultant). It works wonders for the sensitive areas, and smells great! I use coochy and a good razor every time I shave (especially the bikini zone) and no longer have the in grown hairs. I've got a few scars from them. I also don't shave every day, I shave every 2-3 days, except my legs in the summer...they get shaved everyday. But the sensitive areas don't. Hope that helps.

sheymann
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I use a loofah to wash first and then use conditioner instead of shaving cream. 

Try using stuff for sensative skin or talk to your doctor.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Moisturize daily, and exfoliate daily, and shave a little less frequently if you can. I only need to shave my legs every 3 or 4 days at most, but I know some women need to shave more often. At least skip a day between each time.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

exfoliate before and after

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)