Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

81 dollars on hair care products.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

I went and got my hair cut today, nice and short. I really like it and I was talking to the lady about how I want to start doing my hair more often and looking nice (I'm a bum and never do my hair). So I went to the store and got a few similar products that she used on my hair. I got a heat protection spray, a volumizing spray for when I blow dry, a root volumizer (all three of these she used today), and I also got hair spray, a big round brush (like what she used) and a curling iron because I would love to curl my hair. I plan on doing my hair at least three times a week, maybe more if I get up early enough to do it. I just feel so guilty for spending this much money on stuff that is going to get used on my hair :(

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:56 PM
That is more then I spend in a year!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dreamly
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM

damn. How I wish I knew what to do with my hair heh

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I have spent about that much before . sometimes the drug store stuff just doesnt work for me and I need to spend that extra money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I spend 23 dollars a year on biosilk and I cut my own hair *winning*
leesie86
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Don't feel guilty! I know it's easy for me to say this (because I do hair), but it really is an investment in the haircut you just got. And yes there is a difference in salon products, and yes I do use some drugstore brands (Garnier makes this mist thing that I really like). You will be surprised after repeat use how they help maintain the integrity of your hair, especially since you plan on using heat! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

This is the most I've ever spent in my entire life! I'm so nervous that my hair isn't going to turn out when I do it, I keep thinking about returning everything :/

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

That is more then I spend in a year!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I went on Friday to get highlights, layers and a trim plus like you, got hair products to help my hair and all together I spent $116. Don't feel bad. We feel better about ourselves!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

My hair is in really good shape that's why I made sure I got something to protect against the heat. I'm just really scared because I've never really done my hair before, EVER. I'm just so sick at my hair looking like crap all the time.

Quoting leesie86:

Don't feel guilty! I know it's easy for me to say this (because I do hair), but it really is an investment in the haircut you just got. And yes there is a difference in salon products, and yes I do use some drugstore brands (Garnier makes this mist thing that I really like). You will be surprised after repeat use how they help maintain the integrity of your hair, especially since you plan on using heat! 

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I just can't spend that kind of money on haircare products. That's probably why my hair looks like a rats nest 70% of the time, lol!!

softkitty42
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I cut my own hair and havent been to a salon in almost three years. The most i have spent on my hair in one sitting is $10 for a box of hair color and a can of hairspray that i dont use very much. 

Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)