Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you drive a mini van ...

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 26 Replies
Do you like it ? Pros and cons ?
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I like the cargo space, automatic side doors, and stow and go. The only con is its a minivan, lol. I am not a minivan person, but it does what I need with room for two kids and two Great Danes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Love it.
Lots of space, comfortable ride, power

Hate the gas milage though.
scarygirl
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Love the space and comfortable rid. Con: gas mileage
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Hubby wanted me to get one. I said no and got a 7 seater SUV. My friend loves her though. Her dh said worst part about it is walking up to it.
friendlymom48
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Love it! I never thought I'd say that either. Lots of room for the kids, love the sliding doors. Gas mileage could be better and there's not a lot of storage space,but overall I'm glad I have one
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I LOVE my van. We have a Kia Sedona 2011.

Pros:

Tons of space - legroom in all three rows, even when the seat in front is pushed all the way back (DH is 6'3 and his knees fit even in the back row).

Separate seats for the kiddos (both in carseats now, but none of the "you're in my space" complaints later)

Cargo room - we have a double stroller and it fits in the well with the back seat up, or on its side with half the back seat down

Comfort - minivans are sooo comfy for driving and riding on long trips, and we do those frequently

Exceptional safety ratings for the top few lines - Sienna, Odyssey, Sedona are pretty equal here

Cons:

Most minivans come in boring colors (ours is white and so are half the others in this town)

Gas mileage is lower than our old medium-sized SUV (I average 22/23 miles a tank, mostly city driving)

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Love mine:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I love mine.  The power doors and storage are awesome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM
2011 dodge grand caravan Main Street love it!
Maddiesmommy11
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Quoting B1Bomber:

I LOVE my van. We have a Kia Sedona 2011.

Pros:

Tons of space - legroom in all three rows, even when the seat in front is pushed all the way back (DH is 6'3 and his knees fit even in the back row).

Separate seats for the kiddos (both in carseats now, but none of the "you're in my space" complaints later)

Cargo room - we have a double stroller and it fits in the well with the back seat up, or on its side with half the back seat down

Comfort - minivans are sooo comfy for driving and riding on long trips, and we do those frequently

Exceptional safety ratings for the top few lines - Sienna, Odyssey, Sedona are pretty equal here

Cons:

Most minivans come in boring colors (ours is white and so are half the others in this town)

Gas mileage is lower than our old medium-sized SUV (I average 22/23 miles a tank, mostly city driving)

Thanks for your reply. I agree with the color thing . We are looking at a used silver Honda odyssey. It's a pretty color but everyone I see has that silver . Even our next door neighbor . Oh well lol .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)