Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have anxiety disorders... is there help for me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Much of the time I'm okay. I live my life and enjoy it and don't worry too much. But then something will trigger my anxiety and I lose sleep, can hardly function and feel constant fear. Sometimes its only for a little while, other times it lasts days or weeks. Sometimes there is no real trigger and I don't worry about anything specific, I just feel anxious, worried and stressed for no reason. Like I've forgotten something very, very important, even though I know I haven't.

I have struggled with this since I was 7. I've seen a child psychologist and saw a different psychologist more recently, but I can't afford long term therapy. We are getting insurance in 3 months, but I feel like I can't wait that long. I'm thinking about making an appointment with a clinic for uninsured patients, but don't know if there is anything a primary care doctor can do except ease my anxiety about medical issues. That never lasts long, though, I've seen 4 doctors about my trigger issue and none of them were concerned about it but I still manage to get worked up.

What help is there for me?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
brittney28
by Brittney on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I'm on meds for mine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Yes, there is help!! Medications of course, though for anxiety orders those are usually among the last therapies that are tried. There is talk therapy, group therapy, things like that. Good luck, I hope you find some help!

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You're the best help for you.  Anxiety is 100% in your head.  Think yourself out of it, work on relaxation techniques, take yoga classes, eat right.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I had it and I am now pretty much free of it. I had to figure out what I was afraid of. Mine was dying. Then I started to focus on how there was nothing I could do to prevent it if I had an aneurysm or something. I had to make some changes in my personal life, like leaving the abusive husband I had and it slowly went away. I still feel a little rush of it once in a while but I find that if I realize there is nothing I can do and don't fight it it goes away quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yes. I take Ativan or Xanax as needed when my attacks flair up. Mine usually hit around 1 or 2 am and I wake out of a deep sleep and can't function. I am convinced that I screwed up and am going to get fired. You need help. Medicine works but you also need counseling. Lots of places have sliding scales where you pay what you can afford. Also, by law, each community has a desiganted community mental health center that must provide assistance to low income residents. Search your community and "cmmunity mental health center" and you should find the info you need. Good luck!

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Until you can get therapy(I recommend hypnotherapy), try meditation, exercise and limiting sugar and other stimulants from your diet. Fine someone to talk to and take up journal writing.

imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Yes its called xanax.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Try 5htp, valerian root, at St. John's wort along with exercise. I've suffered most my life, and prescription meds make me feel like a zombie.

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Drugs! Lol

I have that issue, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)