Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pancreatic cancer. **EDIT!***

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 43 Replies

do you know anyone that had it?

I am so scared! I been having pains in my upper abdominal and under my left rib. I can't eat without getting sick and in horrible pain. I have been having bad heart burn too. My eyes have yellow tints :(.

I am so scared! I have my ultrasound scan Friday but I don't go back to the doctor until May. I am sure if something is wrong they will call me before then. 

Have you known anyone with this? What where there symptoms?

NOTE TO SELF::
Don't look up stuff on internet, only will scare you more!!!

I had my ultrasound done today, it all came back normal.. Waiting on blood work results. The doctor is leaning towards a really bad pulled muscle or a food allergy. I have to watch what I eat and record if I get pains. Also they are going to refer me to a gasro doctor to make sure all is well :)

Thanks lady, in my panic time.. ugh! Stupid internet.  

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM

My best friend's dad has it. He has survived 5.5 years so far. Diagnosed at stage 4 November 2007 and he is currently in remission. 

I'm not sure of the symptoms but yes they will call you if it is something bad. 

Pray to whatever you believe in because Pancreatic cancer has a very low survival rate after 5 years. (my bff's dad was given 6 months its going on 6 years) 

ETA if you are anywhere near the Houston area and it is cancerous get to MDA they are pretty much the best. 

McM0609
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Has the Dr already told u u have cancer?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Hopefully I will not have to worry about it. I am not close to any bigger hospitals. But I am about 3.5 hours from Boston so i would go there if needed. Glad to here you friends father made it! Stories like that at great. The pains only started about a month ago, so I am right on it. Scan is Friday.

Quoting Anonymous:

My best friend's dad has it. He has survived 5.5 years so far. Diagnosed at stage 4 November 2007 and he is currently in remission. 

Pray to whatever you believe in because Pancreatic cancer has a very low survival rate after 5 years. (my bff's dad was given 6 months its going on 6 years) 

ETA if you are anywhere near the Houston area and it is cancerous get to MDA they are pretty much the best. 

ajrjj05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM

NO! And I hope he doesn't have to tell me that either I am just so worrried. I know don't if the stress is making the pains worse or what. I did have a ct scan done two years ago and they didn't see anything then.. I am hoping this scan comes back normal too. 

Quoting McM0609:

Has the Dr already told u u have cancer?

Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Try and not stress yourself out any more than you need to, wait till you know there is something wrong. Yes, they will call if they see abnormal results.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I hope not. and Me too. She gets marrried in October So I'm hoping it doesn't come back before then. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

Hopefully I will not have to worry about it. I am not close to any bigger hospitals. But I am about 3.5 hours from Boston so i would go there if needed. Glad to here you friends father made it! Stories like that at great. The pains only started about a month ago, so I am right on it. Scan is Friday.

Quoting Anonymous:

ajrjj05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I am sure he is good after 5.5 yrs :)
Quoting Anonymous:

I hope not. and Me too. She gets marrried in October So I'm hoping it doesn't come back before then. 

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Are ou talking about M.D. Anderson?

Quoting Anonymous:

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM

maybe your gall bladder? Or if you have a yellow tint in your eyes you could have a liver issue...either way, take a deep breath and focus on taking care of your self, I am sure you will be fine...hugs

divinedimension
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
It could be pancreatitis. Get your butt to the ER!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)