Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me NOT be fat! Update: Day 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 136 Replies
I'm diabetic, 235 pounds, 5 '5 and breastfeeding an 11 month old. I work indoors, at home and barely get any exercise because I work 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. The baby nurses every two hours and 2-4 times very night also.

Today I finally decided that I'm tired of being fat. I'm counting my calories strictly and I've had 750 calories so far.

How many calories and fat grams do I need to consume daily to lose weight safely while breastfeeding?

I'm tired of doing this myself because obviously, it's not working. Help!

Update: Day 1: According to the scale and an online BMI calculator, I currently weigh 230.7 lbs. today I ate 1,295 calories 10g of fat and 40 carbs. I ate blueberries, apples, pears, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, rice cereal, milk, lean ham and lean chicken. I ate small amts. throughout the day. I don't feel hungry. But honestly, I don't feel full either!

Update: Day 2: 1840 calories, 40 fat grams, 69 carbs. Not such a good day, but not a bad day. I was doing fine until dinner time cravings. I DID, however, go exercise for 30 minutes.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Bump
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:36 PM
When i get home to a computer i will be able to calculate it for you but I'm almost positive it will be around 2200 cals maybe a little more with the nursing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

The "17day diet" works wonderful...For a non breast feeding woman you need 1200 calories...I believe if you are nursing you may need 2000...Good luck:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
http://www.livestrong.com/article/152802-calorie-intake-to-lose-weight-while-breastfeeding/

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Hmm,well I know when I was nursing I took in an extra 500 calorie per day,in addition I also was running.I added in a little extra calories as well to compensate for extra activity.I suppose your doctor would have better advise,but 750 isnt much.Also take in consideration the fat content and determine how much you and the baby need each day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Thank you!! I want to be healthy about it though. I think I nurse much to do 1200.

Quoting Anonymous:

The "17day diet" works wonderful...For a non breast feeding woman you need 1200 calories...I believe if you are nursing you may need 2000...Good luck:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I just wish I knew how much is too much or too little.

Quoting ashley9603:

Hmm,well I know when I was nursing I took in an extra 500 calorie per day,in addition I also was running.I added in a little extra calories as well to compensate for extra activity.I suppose your doctor would have better advise,but 750 isnt much.Also take in consideration the fat content and determine how much you and the baby need each day.

junebaby11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Youll need at least 2200 if your body isnt getting enough calories you're basically starving yourself which will cause weight loss to be harder because your metabolism will slow. Eat healthy things and try to make a light walk 20 minutes a day will help it wont take as long as you think!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)