Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you take this offensively?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I have been TTC for a year and I went to a TTC support group. I introduced myself and said that I have 2 children and was trying for my third and asked for advice. I read the welcome page of the group to make sure it was allowed to have children already and that it was ok that I was not seeing a doctor for infertility treatments and it seemed a good fit for me and seemed to be supporting of all women ttc.

So I ask for advice I get a response saying that she had been TTC for 14 years and that I should just count your blessing

Obviously I feel like I don't belong in this group but am I overreacting. I did get other responses that we nice and helpful.

the next responce

Im sorry but I think the desire for number 1 is greatly different to no.2+ cause we've never been blessed with a pregnancy, birthday, and nobody calls us mum, although the desire for more is still there I dont think it can be the same.

after that i just deleted my post. i went to the group for support but i guess i wont be finding it there

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Bump
iwilliams76
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Infertility takes a toll on people. If you like the group & the others are welcoming, I'd just let that comment go.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM

That's normal in the ttc group. Sorry :(

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Some people will take anything offensively. It is just because of their situation. Try not to take their words to heart. Those people just need to let out their hurt in a hurtful way.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I think it's the new in thing to compete with everyone over who has it the worst in any given scenario. Kinda weird, but it's true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM
She's upset and misplaced her anger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Thanks!
ZombyMommy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a member of a few TTC groups on here and for the most part they are really sweet women. I'm sorry that someone got catty. Unfortunately, just like every other group on here, you have to take the good with the bad. There are women who get nasty for no reason. 

I know it's not an excuse but TTC does take it's toll on people. So do hormone treatments... Just sayin. 

If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything feel free to PM me. I just found out I'm pregnant with #3, used all natural methods to concieve but I have a pretty good knowledge on the medication side of it from being in the group, if you need any advice. 

Again, I'm sorry she was catty but not all of us are like that. :) 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

yes thankfully it was only one mom out of the group. Sorry momma. She is in pain and directed it at you. Which wasn't right.

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

You're going to find that everywhere.  Don't feed the beast but definitely don't apologize for TTC again.  You didn't do anything wrong by wanting another child and wanting to talk about it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)