Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moochy neighbors!!!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

So you want to treat me like I'm your own personal limo service? Back story: this neighbor that lives walking distance from me, also works walking distance from me. So I thought HEY! We can carpool! Well, we tried it, for 2 days is all it lasted (on my end). The very first day, we get to a gas station, she says, can you put gas in the car? Ok, I'm riding with you, sure. She then milks it, can you buy me a pack of cigarettes? I tell, her ok now I want to get me a drink, so you'll have to pick one or the other, I only have 10 I can give you. So she chooses 2 packs of cigarettes. I tell her, ok but this is counting off of what I owe you in gas.... "ok". She then proceeds, I hate that rep that's in there, I'll let you go in. ok, whatever. So I do, I do my thing and come out and wtf, she helped herself out to MY cigarettes! Like seriously? You couldn't wait 2 min? Whatever I let it slide. So the next day, I NEED her to take me, so just to get her to cooperate, I give her 20 in gas (cause she should've chosen gas over cigarettes). In between now and then, I have asked her to repay the packs of cigarettes by buying me some.........no can do, too broke. So I've pretty much (except for on occasion) quit talking to her cause she's a mooch (plain and simple). Well, dh is starting a new job tomorrow (we can't afford to NOT get him there, like I'm willing to take vacation the rest of the week if needed). His truck started over heating today. He thinks he knows what it is...so he's going to test it. So, I text this girl asking what her schedule is, to see if something can be worked out to ride in with her and dh can pick me up if needed. Her response, "I was going to see if I can ride in with you tomorrow cause I have no gas $" (she KNOWS I will pay my part if I ride in with her, but I'm not doing MORE than my part). I'm thinking ok, so you want to ride in with me cause you have no gas, so in other words, you need to mooch off me MORE?! Grrrr why do I get caught up with these kinds of friends? I understand your broke but I can't afford to pay for your transportation in addition to mine!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Yup, I have a neighbor like that. But instead of transportation its her kid. I offered to take her home once afterschool. She assumed it was okay and cancelled her babysitter and told the little girl to come home with me. Then once she wanted to spend the night, her mom dropped her off Friday at 3:30pm, came back on Sunday!!!! WTF. I hate people like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Personally, I'd rather get a bike and peddle my ass ten miles wherever than have to deal with a bottom feeder like that.

needsupport100
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Personally, I'd rather get a bike and peddle my ass ten miles wherever than have to deal with a bottom feeder like that.

i can't, i work about 20 miles away

needsupport100
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup, I have a neighbor like that. But instead of transportation its her kid. I offered to take her home once afterschool. She assumed it was okay and cancelled her babysitter and told the little girl to come home with me. Then once she wanted to spend the night, her mom dropped her off Friday at 3:30pm, came back on Sunday!!!! WTF. I hate people like that.

oh, she's done that too. she had the nerve to call me "hey can you do me a favor?" me "what" her "can you go pick up my son when he gets home from track, i would, but (ready for this) i have a date."

me ??? huh??? i told her, well, what time? she said around 8-9. i told her, girl i'll need gas, and i'm usually going to bed by then. she had the nerve to say, well, i can ask my dad. i told her ok, but wouldn't it be more feasible to CANCEL YOUR DATE until your son gets home? THEN she said "yeah i guess i should, i'll call you back" she never did.

NO i'm not watching your son FREE so you can go on a date!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)