Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"In Memory of" stickers on cars

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't get it.  Is the sticker "In Memory of"?  Usually it's a nice park bench or planted trees or a donation to a charity.  Everyone has lost a loved one at some point why put it on a bumper sticker?  Is itour society's obsession with attention?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Willow.wind
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Funny it always makes me think the dead person gave them money & they bought a car with it & want people to know. The stickers make me sad when it's for a young child.

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
6 moms liked this
Its how some people grieve. You don't have to "get it".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I do not want to be remembered on the window or bumper of a car.  A mylar balloon and a plastic wreath will do just fine.

AnnLanders
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I was behind one today and realized after about 3 miles that it was in memory of their dog.  Their friggin dog!  I love my dog, I really do, but I probably wouldn't memorialize my back windshield.  

CuriousArentYa
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I haven't ever really understood those or tattoos but different strokes for different folks. 

YouMad
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I went to a funeral recently of a coworkers son (adult) and I notice my coworkers car in the parking lot already had a "In memory of" sticker.  It had been less than 4 days and she had already ordered and applied a sticker on her car.  Thats weird!

pamelax3
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I would not do that, but everyone grieves different

heavenlybliss19
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
3 moms liked this
I love those stickers, it's a way to remember that person. I had a friend die when we were in high school, and sometimes I see her mom/sister driving around town and know it's them because they have her sticker on the back window. Every time I see it, I say a prayer for her family knowing after all these years they still feel that heart ache. If you don't like it, don't look. IMO, it's better than seeing all the trashy stickers.
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont personally like them, but if someone wants to get one, Im not going to make fun of them for it.  I have a tattoo for my brother and thats permanent!  LOL!  My friends husband's father died and left him some money.  They are already well off and didnt need the money so her husband used it to get something he always wanted, a Corvette, brand new and paid in cash.  He got a personalized plate that says "THX DAD".  

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
2 moms liked this

It's ones way to remember & grieve. I don't get how people want to "understand" how others grieve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)