Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!! AM LIVID!!!!! They are lucky i didnt beat them both!!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
  • 69 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son who is 5 and his cousin 4 years who i am baby sitting are lucky i didnt spank their asses raw!!! I know little boys like to get into trouble.. but omg!! Its 81 degrees here today, I have all the windows open. The boys are playing the ps3 in my sons room, I was cleaning up the living room. I noticed it was kinda quite in the room so I went to check on them.. They were no where to be found, the game was on pause and the screen to the fire escape window was wide open... my heart hit my fucking stomach!!! THEY WERE ON THE FUCKING ROOF OF THE BUILDING!! Thank the good lord nothing happened to either of them.. right now the window is closed and locked i dont care how hot it is... and they both got a good scolding. They are now not allowed to get up from the bed until i say. They are to think about what they did, and how dangerous it was and what could have happened if one of them fell. I am still debating the time that they need to sit there.. im going back and fourth between 30 minutes and 1 hour. I am so happy they did not get hurt.. they were only out there maybe 5 minutes or so. I checked on them right after i finished the dishes and they were playing video games.. it was only about 5 minutes maybe .. def under 10 minutes when i moved into the living room.. and heard the bedroom quiet! thank go nothing happened. I am very disappointed in both of them though.

UPDATE: Dh and I decided to screw the window bars on the fire escape window. If the city sees, we can get a fine and we will have to remove them... but id rather risk that then risk them climbing out again....not that i think they would after I let them have it. As far as an emergency, the top part of the window can be pulled down and it allows an adult to climb out with ease (dh and I both tested it) and a child to be lifted over. I just cant thank the lord enough for letting his angels watch over them today. It never crossed my mind that my son had learned to open screens. Hes never done so before.. and despite all the fire escape discussions we have had in the past... apparently ds still thought it was a good idea. I hope they both have learned their lesson. As a parent you know unless you stich yourself to your childs hip, you will never have your eyes on them 24/7, you know that things happen although you never expect when they will and pray they never do.. but they do. I am so greatful that despite everyting.. all I got was a huge scare.. and the boys a huge punishment. Things could have gone alot worse then they did.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Id be beating assess
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Get your umbrella....there's a shit storm coming
cristalf060812
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
O my I'm glad there ok....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy shit fire. Make them stay in there for a long time. You might want to consider safety bars for his window. I know when I lived in NYC it was the law for apartments to have the safety bars on all children's bedrooms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh boy.... Saving my spot
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Sorry I stopped reading when you said it was 81 degrees where you are. I'm cold, it's rainy and I'm jealous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
30 minutes to an hour??? Um no . They would be sitting there until dinner.
jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I would be livid too but glad they are safe but I wouldn't "beat" them. There would be some punishment though. 

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM

oh holy hell

i am so glad they are ok

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I would just turn on a fan or a/c from now on. I'm glad they are okay.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)