Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this an emergency? Should I be seriously concerned?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

The past couple days, I haven't been able to swallow. I tried eating a sandwich, tried a milkshake, tried casserole...the only thing I can really get down is very liquidy foods.

It isn't like a nuasea issue, or heartburn or anything and I am definetly not pregnant.

It is like I cannot swallow, as if there is a block there in my throat.

Is this an emergency or should I be seriously concerned?

I should add, I have no other symptoms..no scratchy throat, no pain, no swelling that I can tell, no fever, no fatique.

Also, I know this isn't CafeDoctor, I just really don't want to go unless there is a real issue here. I feel silly just saying, "Hey doc, I can't swallow and nothing else is wrong.."

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Maybe is strep,  I'd go to the doctor.

mlmynm81
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM

It could be strep and that is serious. Make a Drs appt asap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I should add, I have no other symptoms..no scratchy throat, no pain, no swelling that I can tell, no fever, no fatique...

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Strep was my first guess too. Google it to read about the symptoms and resolutions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

i'd be concerned enough to go to the doctor if it didn't clear up in another day or two

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I had strep when I was younger, NO SYMPTOMS. It actually progressed into Scarlet fever. Go get checked.

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Personally, I'd go see a doctor ASAP. I'm paranoid about these types of things, though lol.

AnnRmommaof3
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Strep throat feels that way. And what a lot of ppl do not know is that if Strep is not treated it CAN turn into something much more deadly and dangerous, scarlet fever which can kill you. I know because I have had strep 3 to 4 times a year since I was 2. And even after they took out my tonsils it lessened the amount of times, but I still get it. The doctors tell me I need to take care of it and do it fast, when I get it. Because I can die if it turns into scarlet fever. Trust me go to the doctor and find out if you need antibiotics. Also try ice pops. Those helped with me.

keyawin
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I would go get it checked. Your glands could be swollen or something

Liz132
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Not an emergency as in you need to head to the ER but defiantly something worth making an appointment with your doctor asap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)