Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No age limit on Morning after pill

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

So this morning there was  DJ all up in arms about no age limit on the morning after pill, and what if a 12 year old wanted one.

Hey STUPID if they are too young to be trusted to get and take a pill, how can they be trusted to RAISE A BABY?

It isn't like it is a pill you take before having sex. It's a pill you take AFTER having unprotected sex. I fail to see how NOT allowing a 15 year old to get and take it is a GOOD thing (or a 12 year old). In an Ideal world your kid would talk to you about having sex. But this isn't an Ideal world.  The morning after pill works BEST if taken....well the mroning after!  Waiting for the 15 year old to get her courage up to ask you about it...might mean the pill won't work.

I know this scares the hell out of a lot of Moms out there.  But what is the alternative when say the condom breaks? Do you want your teen to get pregnant?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM

It's ironic that a chld can't take an asperin in school yet they're allowed to take this abortion pill, smh.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
I just don't see very many teens, especially pre-teens, having $50+ to shell out every time they have sex anyway. I can't imagine them having the financial means to use it as regular birth control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Have they done studies to see if this pill is harmful for children? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I think it's total bullshit. We should be allowed as parents to force a 5 year IUD on our daughters then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM

bump

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Plan b or morning after pill is NOT an abortion pill.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's ironic that a chld can't take an asperin in school yet they're allowed to take this abortion pill, smh.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Most teens (who don't want their parents knowing about their sex lives) go to free clinics for birth control. I went to Planned Parenthood and received free birth control without my parents ever knowing about it. I'm sure they would have given me the morning after pill if it ever came to that.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

I just don't see very many teens, especially pre-teens, having $50+ to shell out every time they have sex anyway. I can't imagine them having the financial means to use it as regular birth control.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
The abortion pill? People still call it that? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quoting anotherhalf:

Have they done studies to see if this pill is harmful for children? 

The morning after pill is a high dose birth control pill.  Birth control pills have been prescribed for young girls for decades now, both to prevent pregnancy and to regulate periods in some girls.  So yes it has been tested.

It is KNOWN that pregnancy at a young age is dangerous for both Mother and child.  On many different levels.

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I would hope my daughters would come to me if they needed something like that and i REALLY hope they would come to me beforehand so I could help them get birth control, but Im not against there being no age restrictions.  I would rather them get the pill than have a baby at a young age.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)