Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No, I don't think just anyone should be allowed to have children

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 73 Replies
2 moms liked this

There's a problem when I have to do as much paperwork and pass screenings to adopt a dog. But any piece of trash is allowed to get knocked up and give birth....and in many cases do it on purpose just to keep their public assistance. Basically what I'm getting out of this is that animals must go to capable owners, but nobody cares if trash has children. There's a problem.

Edit: To address a few comments and questions... First, I am aware we can't impose medical procedures on people to keep from procreating. And I am aware of the slippery slope that would accompany that. Second, what sort of people was I refering to? Has nothing to do with wealth. I do not believe being wealthy makes someone a worthy or capable parent. However, I do think they should be stable at the very least. If they already can't support themselves, they should not have children. People who do not provide a clean living environment. There was a picture a mom posted on facebook of her little girl sitting in their hallway surrounded by trash, dirt and animal hair. That's unacceptable. If an adult chooses to live like that, that's their choice. A child has no control and shouldn't be a victim of their parent's lack of concern. I see children come in to where I work all the time whose parents don't dress them for the cold weather, obviously have not bathed the child, hair matted up (not from normal playtime, but from neglect), and clothes that are worn and many times don't even fit the child. These are the things that shouldn't be acceptable. You say, "You don't know their situation." This may be true. But I do know that, whatever situation it may be, a child shouldn't be a part of it.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this
And how do you propose we fix that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM

And what is YOUR ideal standard there?
Do you have any ideals on the screening process?
How would YOU prevent pregnancies until they were approved?

This is stupid.  

jillbailey26
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Would you want to be scrutinized twice as much to have a child?

Also, there's always Craigslist.  Tons of dogs, no paperwork.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
You cant take away someones right to reproduce, no matter how unfit they are.
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
4 moms liked this
People do care about it but its not like they can go around knocking on doors and saying "hello I'm here to give you a vasectomy or tie your tubes because you are trash and must not have kids."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
6 moms liked this

"HELLO MA'AM, We have received disturbing complaints that you eat an unwholesome amount of McDonald's, have an awesomely shitty taste in music, and in general are what society has deemed "trash" as we see fit, you are required to undergo a hysterectomy until further notice. THANK YOU!"

Sarcasm-impaired readers: How can someone define what is trashy or not? THAT'S what this means. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
FoxFire363
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
5 moms liked this
Hitler agreed with you. Think about that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

There are plenty of rich people who have fucked up their kids, just saying...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM

OMG are you F***ing serious?? WHo the hell are you to say people who eat a lot of McDonalds is trash or have shitty taste in music is trash?? A hysterectomy until further notice BITCH there will NOT be an until further notice on that one. Maybe you should not have kids for being that shallow and stupid.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

"HELLO MA'AM, We have received disturbing complaints that you eat an unwholesome amount of McDonald's, have an awesomely shitty taste in music, and in general are what society has deemed "trash" as we see fit, you are required to undergo a hysterectomy until further notice. THANK YOU!"

teal_phoenix
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG are you F***ing serious?? WHo the hell are you to say people who eat a lot of McDonalds is trash or have shitty taste in music is trash?? A hysterectomy until further notice BITCH there will be until further notice on that one. Maybe you should not have kids for being that shallow and stupid.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Honestly, I think this is sarcasm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)