Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you guys think of online degrees?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

I'm expecting my first baby next month. I should be able to finish this semester luckily. But I decided I want to switch to an all online school so that I can stay home with the baby as much as possible. I'm just worried because I know some people say that online degrees are looked down upon, worthless, etc. What do you guys think? Have you ever been rejected a job because of it? I'm thinking about going to Kaplan. What do those of you who have gone there think about that school?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I think they are pointless.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I think most employers see them as a joke. 

Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM

It depends on what type of job you are going to look for, I guess. I go to Minnesota School of Business, online. It is no different than attending campus, and I have gone to campus for 2 classes I needed help in. I am going for my associates in business administration. I don't know anything about Kaplan. My question would be how accredited is it?

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I wouldnt want one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
You mean clown college?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I'm going for Business Administration with a focus in Human Resources. What do you mean how accredited is it? http://www.kaplanuniversity.edu/about/accreditation-licensing.aspx

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

It depends on what type of job you are going to look for, I guess. I go to Minnesota School of Business, online. It is no different than attending campus, and I have gone to campus for 2 classes I needed help in. I am going for my associates in business administration. I don't know anything about Kaplan. My question would be how accredited is it?

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I would prefer to get an Online degree from a University/College I can actually attend in addition to doing online classes. I do not trust those 100% online only colleges.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

University of Phoenix? A joke

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
My nursing instructors got their masters from University of Phoenix...I'm close to a few of them and yea they definitely make 70-90,000 a year. I don't plan on going to UofP though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yes, I've heard that. That's why I was looking into Kaplan University

Quoting Anonymous:

University of Phoenix? A joke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)