Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family bed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

Our daughter is 8 and still sleeps with us every night.  She's an only child, and perfectly well-adjusted.  She has her own room and own bed, but likes sleeping with us more.  We kind of like it too :).  I'm sure she'll be sleeping on her own by the time she's in high school, so why rush it?

Anyone else have older kids who still sleep with you?  When did they stop?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM

My 5 year old sleeps with us nightly...she has her own bed in her own room (shares with younger sister) but nightly she will be in our bed. I am fine with it. She's been there since she was 6 months old and outgrew the bassinet. My husband would like her to stay all night in her bed. As would the grandparents when they visit--they make such a big fuss over her about "how she stayed all night in her bed" which she might do a night here or a night there...but pretty much 98% of the time--she is in our bed in the morning. 

it doesn't effect our sex life. She starts out in her bed....so we have "our time"...and even if she starts out in our bed....we just rendevous somewhere else! That's what a "red room" is for! *lol*

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I co-sleep with my kids until they are able to to sleep through the night.  Mainly because I breastfeed and it's easier to breastfeed my babies in bed.  Other than that I can't stand having older children in the bed because they take up too much space and blankets! 

My hubby likes to co-sleep with the kids when they are babies and wanted to keep our son in there past him sleeping through the night.  My hubby and I made a deal and we kept our son in our bed past his first birthday. We ended up with a 5 yr old who sleeps sideways in our bed.  Neither of us got any sleep and it was a pain to get him in his own bed by that point.  We recently moved so my toddler will sometimes sneak in our bed but I put her back in her own if she wakes me- which she usually does because she kicks and flails in her sleep.  She also doesn't like covers so she ends up kicking the covers off of us. My infant sleeps with us as well.  It's a miserable night!!! 

jtsmommie0104
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM

My question is genuine curiousty, when do you have sex?

destiny2nv
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Lol yep
We just bought a huge comfortable king size bed to fit us. I love snuggling up to my guys at night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM

All of my kids have done their fair share of sleeping with us over the years. We have a queen bed and DH is 6'2'' and 230 pounds, and takes up a lot of room. LOL Eventually, as they get older, we send them to the end of the bed with a pillow and blanket.

happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM

We co-slept with our kids when they were very small and I hated it.  They kick and roll and sweat....It just wasn't for us.

imakehimscream
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
She sleeps in her crib the first 4-5 hours. Then she makes her way to my bed
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My son slept with me until he was 5, and crawled into our bed for a few years when he was scared. He's 11 now, and rarely comes in anymore, but if he has a nightmare, he still comes into our bed. Our other kids are 14, 15, and 16. 

usmchoney
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I like my own personal space, and believe the bed is just for "us" space. Co-sleeping isn't for me,but whatever works for your family is good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)