Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One and done...

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 16 Replies

I think I have finally made up my mind.  I think I am happy with my decision to not have any more kiddos.  My DD is 5 now, and will be starting kinder this fall.  We are about to start a whole new chapter in our lives, and the thought of going back to diapers and bottles/late night feedings doesnt really seem appealing.  I will be happy to go over to my best friends house and hold her baby, and future babies.  I am 27, my DH is almost 29, and we are happy with just the three of us.  =) 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I want atleast 2. But if it's good for you than great.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We only have one and that's the way we wanted it. Ds is almost 12 now and dh is now fixed to ensure we don't have any surprises.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

We only have one.  She's 8.  Sometimes I want another child, but most of the time I'm happy with our decision.  Whatever works for you is fine - there are advantages and disadvantes to 1, 2, 3, and 4+ kids.

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I wanted to do one and done.....i had twins.  LOL!  Im glad though, watching them interact and play together is so fulfilling.  Im glad they will have a best friend for life.  Im also glad they entertain each other so its not all on me 24/7.  

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM

That is why we had ours so close together, we got through the diapers and bottles all at once!!

We are so done having kids!!

lilbit53009
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM
We struggle with this descision...my DS is almost 4 and starting k 1 this fall too. we feel like we should have another so hes not an only child but the whole baby stage and starting over doesnt appeal to me either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I bet it feels good to have finally made the decision.  My BIL and his wife are back and forth trying to decide if they should have another and if they do when should they do it.  Their son is 5(in May) and if they want another they feel like they need to hurry up and get to it so that there isn't a huge age gap between their kids.  I am done with my two.  Lillian will be 5 in June and also starts kindergarten this fall.  Jake is 6 months.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Good for you :) 

heavenlybliss19
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how my husband and I feel. I get baby fever now and then, but it passes and I think "Why? I don't have the time/energy for a newborn. What's the point in having another child right now?" Family members keep telling us "It's time, you need to have another baby. You need to try for another baby. When are you having your second baby? This one's almost 3, she needs you to have another baby." It's just not right for us. We're a family of 3, neither of us wants another child, our family seems perfect to us - why push it?
atyou
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Good for you! I also thought I was content with one. Things change.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)