Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm trapped in my life......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
I'm 24 and married. I have a 7 year old and a 3 year old. I have no formal education, no car, or even temps for that matter. My husband does fairy well on his own for us. So I'm a sahm. But deep down I want more from life. I want to be a wild, care-free, semi grown adult in a dorm room. I want to wonder about grades and not bills. Shit, I'd be happy just to get a break every once in a while to attend a GED class to get MYSELF together. I love my kids, and yes one of them was planned, I just feel like I'm living my life on repeat. And it's going nowhere fast.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:59 PM

God forbid your husband leaves you, what would you do?

nicmain
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Start taking some night or online classes. Join a moms group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Find a way to take some classes nowor in the near future. Not getting any younger and it won't get any easier as you age.

beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. I love my life don't get me wrong. I'm actually living my dream life. But yet, most days I feel like a broken record most days. Same shit different day. Gets old real fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Turn to some form of pa I'm sure. :/ I have done it alone before, because he is not the bio father of either child. But he has adopted my youngest and been there since day 1. Im more worried about him losing his job. He's an electrician in the union. Makes good money, but if he got injured we would suffer greatly. I have NO prior work experience.

Quoting Anonymous:

God forbid your husband leaves you, what would you do?

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM

This sounds like my life, only with younger kids and I already have my GED.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM
You can't be a mom and live on a dorm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM

You really need to get YOUR shit together.  Get to college.  What would you do if you didn't have him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM
In order to do online GED, I have to attend at least 4 classes in person. That isn't an option for me. Even if by some miracle I found a sitter, I have nobody to take me or pick me up afterwards. I want so badly to just get it together.

Quoting nicmain:

Start taking some night or online classes. Join a moms group.

ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Wait 15 years for the wild and carefree part of your life. The rest you can still do now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)