Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this inappropriate?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I was outside in the backyard with my kids today, 3 and 5. We have a fairly large (3 acre) property, so the backyard is not even relatively close to a street or anything. Periodically I'd run in to grab water or something for the kids, and I just made them stand by the back door while I went in. Well the last time I went in I had noticed that the neighbor was just sitting in his truck staring at us, not even trying to mask the fact that he was sitting there looking right at us. He lives kind of behind and to the side of us, through the woods, but before the trees grow back I can see his front and he can see my back.  He stayed there for about 10 minutes. Then he drove up the driveway, backed the car back up and sat again for 10 min (I feel like he was "tricking" me to see if I'd go back in), then drove up again and left. Is leaving my kids outside for less than 1 minute to grab water inappropriate? I mean wtf? I've never even actually met this guy, so I'm also concerned at the fact that he was staring at my children, like he was waiting for me to leave or something. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM
I watch too much criminal minds.

Fuck that dude. You're not doing anything wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I know, me too lol

Quoting atyou:

I watch too much criminal minds.

Fuck that dude. You're not doing anything wrong.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Pull out your cell phone and start taking pics of him next time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I would have immediately thought he was a child molester or something. I would have asked him what he was staring at
Amybarnhart11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
That's very creepy honestly.
To answer your question no you did nothing wrong, he is just being very weird!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I should. The last and only other experience I have of this guy was last summer. We own the property up to his grass line (its marked off and all). He decided one day that the woods needed a trimming (?????). I felt like he was seriously testing how far into the woods and how close he could get to my house without me saying anything. I hate hate hate people who have no idea what boundaries are, complete weirdo.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Pull out your cell phone and start taking pics of him next time.

Livv066
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Thats a little creepy. Maybe he was watching them for you, just incase some wackdoo tried to take them? Or maybe he wanted to make sure they wouldent wander. I know you were in the house for a few seconds, but still it sounds odd. 

cmfarm
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
That sounds creepy. I let my kids play outside by themselves but we can't see any of our neighbors and are far from the street.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I should have, I'm such a chicken! My first thought was "omg, I left my kids outside to 30 seconds, he's probably calling police or something". But the more I think about it, it is very strange that he felt the need to stare at my kids like that.

Quoting almondpigeon:

I would have immediately thought he was a child molester or something. I would have asked him what he was staring at

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I cannot wait for the trees to grow in so I can't see his house anymore!

Quoting cmfarm:

That sounds creepy. I let my kids play outside by themselves but we can't see any of our neighbors and are far from the street.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)