Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would give my child weedin a heartbeat!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM
  • 191 Replies
3 moms liked this
This is sorta a spin off from something just posted but it's something Dh and I joke about from time to time. Both Dh and I have ADD/ADHD. Our DD also displays ADD tendencies, though we haven't had her tested. We talked about medicating her for school, but the side effects of man made drugs are so unsavory. They honestly scare me. Dh has been on them for YEARS. He doesn't seem to have had any major side effects but long term, I do worry about.

I've often said I'd rather DD eat edibles laced with weed, rather than take medication. For me, weed mellows me out and allows me to focus, much like medication did for me when I was younger. If weed would do the same for her without the strong side effects, I'd rather the weed and would willingly break the law for her, if need be of course. I cant be the only one who feels this way!

So would which would you honestly prefer if you had to pick for your child? Weed or an ADD/ADHD medication?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daughteroftruth
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

if it were the ONLY other alternative, and the only other option was a drug that had a high risk of side effects... then yes, I would consider it.  

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
8 moms liked this
Absolutely marijuana. My child deserves the best, most effective, yet least altering medication.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  I have one teen that is bipolar, I give them a bit occasionally and it helps.  Medications for bipolar are also nasty and ineffective in my experience.  Another child displays ADD symptoms though I have refused to submit them to medication simply to make them sit at a desk better.  If they were a bit older and asked I would let them try it to relieve symptoms.  It is wonderful for helping me focus and I don't even like to get high, just a puff to maintain focus and calmness. 

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Medical MJ is not filled with all the same stuff that the street MJ is filled with so I would definitely do Medical MJ over man made meds if I could.

delilahsmom1177
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

ADD and ADHD are ecxcuses for lazy parents and thinking about giving your child weed to mellow her for school is disgusting. I smoe for my anxiety but NEVER would I give it to my kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Edibles, for sure.

kngarber
by Katie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I don't know.

BEXi
by BEXi on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM
7 moms liked this

Seriously? That is a FUCKED UP generalization.

Marijuana is much safer than pharmaceuticals. Im surprised to see this response coming from you.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

ADD and ADHD are ecxcuses for lazy parents and thinking about giving your child weed to mellow her for school is disgusting. I smoe for my anxiety but NEVER would I give it to my kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I don't know where you get your weed from...

People seem to think it's laced... it can be but that would cost more and they would use it as a perk and charge more.

Quoting briellesmomma:

Medical MJ is not filled with all the same stuff that the street MJ is filled with so I would definitely do Medical MJ over man made meds if I could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)