Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else have lingering hip/leg pain?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
Okay, so with my pregnancy with second ds from before i even took a pregnancy test I had hip & leg pain. At that point it was very dull, just enough for me to sort of 'feel' it.

As my pregnancy progressed it got worse, I couldnt even walk for 15 minutes without feeling horrible pain and id pay for it the rest of the night. Then the sciatica started through out the night (yippie lol).

By the end of my pregnancy, i was in so much pain I couldnt even lift my legs up. Getting on and off my doctors examination table was horrible...even just sitting up from laying down. She couldnt help but giggle and i cant blame her I probably looked like a beached whale lmao.

After delivery alot of the pain eased...so much so that I thought i was in the clear. I was wrong, ds2 is now 1 year and 8 months (on April 21st) & Im still getting the pain!

Has anyone else had this and have any tips to relieve it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ameretto13
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Go to your gyno. Tell her/him what's going on and see if they will send you to women's health pt... I had to do that with my sciatica twice in a year, twice a week for three months at a time both times, and it still hasn't gone away... They're talking about potential surgery to correct it. I have three months to correct it myself (htf am I supposed to "correct it" myself if a pro couldn't do it?!) before we discuss it further... I have a phobia of surgery, a hhhhuuuugggggeeeee phobia of someone cutting me open. And, well, I do not handle anesthesia (sp?) well.

Edit: I did find out, thanks to finally getting a decent pt, that my hips were way out of place... Good luck!

ninjakids
by Christina on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I instantly got terrified when you said surgery lmao.

Ill definitly be bringing it up with my family doctor (i only go to an obi/gyn when Im pregnant because my doctor stopped delivering.

Hopefully I wont need any sort of surgery, and hopefully you wont in the end either.

Quoting Ameretto13:

Go to your gyno. Tell her/him what's going on and see if they will send you to women's health pt... I had to do that with my sciatica twice in a year, twice a week for three months at a time both times, and it still hasn't gone away... They're talking about potential surgery to correct it. I have three months to correct it myself (htf am I supposed to "correct it" myself if a pro couldn't do it?!) before we discuss it further... I have a phobia of surgery, a hhhhuuuugggggeeeee phobia of someone cutting me open. And, well, I do not handle anesthesia (sp?) well.

Edit: I did find out, thanks to finally getting a decent pt, that my hips were way out of place... Good luck!

Ameretto13
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

As a woman, having a regualar gyno outside of your pcp is a good thing. Gynos specifically train to deal with "female issues" that our pcps aren't extensively trained to deal with. A pcp is also more likely to blow things like this off and tell you "its no big deal. It will correct itself over time."

Quoting ninjakids:

I instantly got terrified when you said surgery lmao.

Ill definitly be bringing it up with my family doctor (i only go to an obi/gyn when Im pregnant because my doctor stopped delivering.

Hopefully I wont need any sort of surgery, and hopefully you wont in the end either.

Quoting Ameretto13:

Miss.Mommie.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I have dull constant pain in my left knee along with occasional swelling. I dont know what it is from and I try to avoid medical doctors around soutg MS for my own good. :/ hope you feel better soon!
Miss.Mommie.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
South***
mom4awesomekids
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I did....it was sciatica.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)