Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he's annoying me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies
Ds 7 is annoying me to pieces right now. He's not doing great at school so there's no TV, games or toys. Only reason he gets to go outside is because he needs the exercise, and I need a mental break.

Since he's been home, its just non stop whining. he choose his snack (yogurt)... But whined that he was still so hungry... We did 45 minutes of flashcards (reading and spelling)... He kept messing around- knocking his chair over, spelling simple words wrong, etc. at 5, I told him to go outside. He's out till 6, then its dinner, then back out... All while whining. By 7, no one can play so I ask if he wants to take a walk... No. 7:15- he whines to go on that walk. Too late now... I ask if he wants to practice riding his bike. Trying to get rid of the training wheels... Yea, but he whines because we have to go on the sidewalk. So I tell him to go in and start his shower. Usually at 7:30.

Idk if my patience is low or what. He was diagnosed with add, but I haven't started taking steps yet. (went to the docs yesterday, have a meeting with the school counselor on Thursday, for the next step)

I fell like I'm failing him. We aren't on a schedule but I'm trying so hard. I'm trying to not get mad when he's rocking in his chair or starts talking about something completely different when he's supposed to be working. I'm sick of the whining, the demands. He dropped a toy before going in the car and told me to pick it up. When I'm flipping thru the channels, he whines and says he wants to watch the cartoon.

I want a break. Not just from him, but even from me
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)