Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sticks and stones break bones

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 10 Replies
The neighbors lil girl was throwing rocks and one hit my dd in the head. The mom just say there and said nothing or did anything about it....accident or not she shouldn't of been throwing rocks period...what would you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I would have said something to the mom or daughter (whoever I was closer to) about throwing rocks. 

atm1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I said something to both and they both sat there with a retarded look on their face

Quoting anotherhalf:

I would have said something to the mom or daughter (whoever I was closer to) about throwing rocks. 

anotherhalf
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Oh man.  I guess I wouldn't let my dd play near her anymore. 

Quoting atm1979:

I said something to both and they both sat there with a retarded look on their face

Quoting anotherhalf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd drop her mom.  LOL.

Honestly, I probably would have sat there in disbelief. Then, I'd have gone inside and typed furiously about it on CM or something because I am no good with confrontation.  Later, I would have a martini or two and celebrate the fact that I'm not  a total asshat of a mother and that I know both how to discipline and take responsibility for my kid.

atm1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Tbh I wanted to pluck her between the eyes and say I know you understand English. Earlier I had to wake her up to tell her that her son ran out in front of a cat and all she said was omg

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd drop her mom.  LOL.

Honestly, I probably would have sat there in disbelief. Then, I'd have gone inside and typed furiously about it on CM or something because I am no good with confrontation.  Later, I would have a martini or two and celebrate the fact that I'm not  a total asshat of a mother and that I know both how to discipline and take responsibility for my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Sounds like you just sat there watching too.if you knew her dd was throwing rocks, you shoulda removed your child.
atm1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I'm tempted to tell dd to start defending herself or she will be in trouble...but I know two wrongs dont make a right.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Oh man.  I guess I wouldn't let my dd play near her anymore. 

Quoting atm1979:

Quoting anotherhalf:

atm1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Uh no...she came inside crying and told me what happened...she was outside with her big sister

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you just sat there watching too.if you knew her dd was throwing rocks, you shoulda removed your child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Even worse. Maybe teach your kids that when shit like that happens, they need to come find an adult

Quoting atm1979:

Uh no...she came inside crying and told me what happened...she was outside with her big sister

Quoting Anonymous:

atm1979
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
DUMBASS...they did! You can obviously read, rocks were thrown and they immediately came inside crying...

Quoting Anonymous:

Even worse. Maybe teach your kids that when shit like that happens, they need to come find an adult

Quoting atm1979:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)