Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thoughts?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
I doubt I can find a pic of what I'm thinking here to give an idea, but I would like opinions.
I want to get a tattoo that represents my children.
My thoughts are their birth month flowers, but not in a bouquet. Because their flowers don't seem like something that would blend well.
I was thinking more like in a line or something maybe have two on one side and two on the other. But my idea is a their birth flowers with a butterfly on each flower with their names and birthdays written in the wing of the butterfly. Each flower will have its own butterfly.
Their flowers are the lily of the valley, the gladiolus, the aster, and the narcissus.
Any thoughts? Do you feel the butterfly is too much? The flowers are overdone?

I've also thought about having four butterflies flying up wherever I have it placed with their names in the wings or around it.
Either way I know I want butterflies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I have 2 stars on my foot, with my daughters initials inside them...with some added stars and swirls around the stars...it's simple, yet I love it.

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I have my boy's birth flowers on my wrist. One in each side, with one name on the top, another on the underside, with vines connecting everything.
blue_elephant
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Ooooo I didn't think of vines, I was like how can I connect these and my mind went blank....

Quoting JenB1983:

I have my boy's birth flowers on my wrist. One in each side, with one name on the top, another on the underside, with vines connecting everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM

where do you want to get it? how big? seems like it may be a litle busy but i'm the kind of person that needs a visual to really have an opinion. guess im not really much help lol

blue_elephant
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I've thought about stars but can't find any that are screaming out to me, make sense, for like a swirly fun design between the flowers I'm OK with that, but for it being the whole tat I don't really like it, its just too blah for me...

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 2 stars on my foot, with my daughters initials inside them...with some added stars and swirls around the stars...it's simple, yet I love it.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM

i had my older son age 6 at the time write his brothers name on a piece of paper. 

then i cleaned up the lines a little so it was eligible (i didnt rewrite anything just erased the stray lines) then i took that paper to the tattooist and she put it into the machine to make the template and then tattooed that on my ankle.  

blue_elephant
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM
The place depends on how I do it, if I do just the butterflies then it would be on my back, but if I do flowers it could really end up anywhere. I've also thought of the butterflies going up my outer calf, but its not in the tattoo guidelines of knee length skirt, shirt, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

where do you want to get it? how big? seems like it may be a litle busy but i'm the kind of person that needs a visual to really have an opinion. guess im not really much help lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Oh I understand. Tats are definitely a unique expression of yourself and everyone is different. Personally I like the idea of the flowers, the butterflies might be too much. Could you have their names and birthdates put on the petals

Quoting blue_elephant:

I've thought about stars but can't find any that are screaming out to me, make sense, for like a swirly fun design between the flowers I'm OK with that, but for it being the whole tat I don't really like it, its just too blah for me...

Quoting Anonymous:

blue_elephant
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Butterfly similar to this only monarch butterflies
Jennyanne322
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Why don't you do this. It's very pretty and would look cute in someone's side or back also.
I do not like when people put the child's DOB on the tattoo for the child.

Quoting blue_elephant:

Mobile Photo

Butterfly similar to this only monarch butterflies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)