Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently I am a bad mother..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Well, I decided to return to work when my daughter turned 6 months. I put her in daycare and work 25-30 hours a week. She loves daycare, and is always in a wonderful mood when I pick her up at the end of the day. I still pump her milk each night and breastfeed her at home and anywhere she is with me. Yet, my family thinks this is wrong of me..

When my mother found out that I was going to put her in daycare and return to work she said, "I am appauled. I didn't know you were that kind of mother." I asked her "What do you mean?" She replied, "Well, any good mother who cares about the well being of her child at all would be a stay at home mother and CARE for her child. I feel so bad for your daughter.." 

Well, I have been back to work for almost two months now and today my Grandmother was talking to me about the daycare, and said,  "I just find it very sad that someone would bring a child into this world to let the daycare workers raise them. If you have to do so, DON'T HAVE KIDS. Your child is the one who has to suffer"

REALLY? 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kage336
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Wow. I'm sorry you have to hear that crap. You have to do what you have to do. You're providing your child with a comfortable life by earning an income. I know women who put their kids in daycare and they don't even work. I was in daycare as a kid before I was in school because my parents worked and I have very fond memories of my childhood with them and the things they did for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Yeah, it's very angering and hurtful! She seems to love playing with the other babies. We still have mommy daughter time. 

Quoting Kage336:

Wow. I'm sorry you have to hear that crap. You have to do what you have to do. You're providing your child with a comfortable life by earning an income. I know women who put their kids in daycare and they don't even work. I was in daycare as a kid before I was in school because my parents worked and I have very fond memories of my childhood with them and the things they did for me.

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Wow. I'd ask if they are offering to pay your bills and match your salary. I'd be DONE with my family if they dared show such disrespect. Sorry OP.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachbabies6
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

you do what you think is best for your family , im a working mom also , thats what we decided is best for our family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)