Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH lady?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I was waiting for the bus this morning when this car comes driving up the street really slowly. This lady stopped where I was standing and asked me where the bus stops. I explained that there weren't any actual stops but that the whole street is a "flag stop." She asked me if I was waiting for it and I said yes and told her she was welcome to wait with me. So she tells this little girl to get out of her car and then DRIVES OFF! I kept thinking she was just going to park the car really quick and come back but her daughter was only 4-5. The bus came and I was wondering what the hell I was going to do when this girl told me that it was the wrong bus. She told me she takes the short bus to kindergarten. I didn't get on the bus (and as a result no-showed at the dentist) and waited another 20 minutes with her for the school bus. It makes me sick every time I think of it, that little girl had no fear of me whatsoever. What if I was a child molestor? What if I decided to take off with her? When the school bus drove by I flagged it down and the driver was nice enough to stop even though he probably isn't supposed to. Maybe he recogonized the little girl? He was shocked at what had happened and said he would handle of it. I still can't believe it actually happened!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I would have called the police

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM

wow. some people are too trusting....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
What the duck! Maybe it was a friend of the family taking her that one time or something. That is scary!
lucydiamond
by LD on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Wtf! Way to do the right thing though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeilaBeansMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Oh my goodness!! I can't believe some people!! I am so glad you stayed there with her. You did the right thing! Kuddos to you mama!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I should have! To bad I didn't think about it until now, lol. I was just so shocked I didn't know what to do kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

TheMrs407
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Yep.

Quoting Anonymous:

IWantOneMorePlz

Damn....I am pretty laid back, but even I wouldn't do that!  I have had to catch the bus before, but I stay with my kids if I have to do that!

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I probably would have called the cops.

Pnukey

Wowee, did you tell the bus driver and/or someone at the school what happened?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)