Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

drunk drivers long

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 37 Replies

I view drunk drivers that end up killing people on the road to be murderers, they are no different than someone that pulls out a weapon and kills another human being. I know some will disagree but this is the view of someone that has lost a loved one to a drunk driver. I read a post tonight about someone hitting a man with his car and killing him. The op was very unaffected by it and made excuses for the murderer. The picture is my uncle. He was my everything and 20 years ago he was murdered by a drunk driver. The pain to this day is agonizing. I think of all the what ifs that my mind 20 years ago could not as I was 9 years old. What if he didn't work so late that night? What if he took a different road home? What if he left work 5 minutes sooner or later? Then I stop and think that it would have ultimately been someone else and how selfish of me to think of those scenarios that would led another person to feel the pain I feel. In the other post I told the op how it felt when I found out what happened. I sat in the living room window for hours waiting for my uncle to come over and I stead received the news that he was dead, never again would I see his truck pull into the driveway of my childhood home. He wasn't there to see me graduate or get married and my children will never get to know this beautiful man who so selflessly put his life on hold when his brother, my dad, decided to leave us hanging for another woman. My uncle stepped into the role of dad and was supposed to walk me down the aisle when I grew up and my children were supposed to have him in their lives. It sounds selfish to want that. For the past 20 years I have grieved for my uncle and his murderer got a slap on the wrist much like the one in the other post. Karma was on our side and a few years ago he died and agonizing death when his liver ruptured and he slowly bled to death from the alcohol consumption. Just thought I'd share my story of what it feels like to have someone so dear get killed by a drunk driver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-_-
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM

*hugs*

PEEK05
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Drunk drivers are nothing but pieces of shit. 

mary841108
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I wholeheartedly agree

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
My dad drives drunk. Ive told him that I hope he gets pulled over and sent to jail, and if he did kill someone, I would never defend him.
mary841108
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Thank you 😏 this is meant to be an angry rant lol but I don't think I pit enough rawr into it

Quoting -_-:

*hugs*

mary841108
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
My mil does too, we've had her arrested.before

Quoting Anonymous:

My dad drives drunk. Ive told him that I hope he gets pulled over and sent to jail, and if he did kill someone, I would never defend him.
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Me too!

Quoting mary841108:

I wholeheartedly agree

Quoting PEEK05:

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
There are waaaay too many drunks who get away with DUIs. They get charges dismissed, lessened, etc, then get back on the road and do it again. It makes me sick. I think when a repeat offender causes an accident, maybe the judge who dismissed earlier charges should be held accountable. I also think there should be a way to disable their cars for a period of time. I know they have those breath test ignition things- I'm sure they are expensive, but maybe if you want to drive you're gonna have to pay for it.
There's no excuse for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Us too.. One time he was drunk and driving around with a gun trying to find someone, so we called the cops and he spent a week in the psych ward. Its really kind of sad.

Quoting mary841108:

My mil does too, we've had her arrested.before

Quoting Anonymous:

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My grandparents drove drunk with me in the car, and I hate that my mother allowed this. Once I was old enough I would refuse to ride with them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)