Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I get along with my brother but we're not close at all. His wife was a very good friend of mine but we've grown apart in the years they've been together. For the last 2 or 3 years we only really see each other on holidays or family get togethers, so I'm not really close with either of them. They always seem like a happy couple but I know that it's easy enough to put on a good face for thanksgiving dinner or whatever.

She called me today and asked me to cover for her if my brother calls asking where she was, I guess she's running around on him with some guy she works with. She says they're not doing anything physical YET but that it probably will get there and she doesn't want a divorce she says she loves my brother but he doesn't pay attention to her or anything so she's finding it somewhere else. I've never thought that's a good enough excuse to cheat, and I've always thought an emotional affair hurts just as much as a sexual one.

So do I call my brother and tell him, or wait for him to call me and tell him the truth, or cover for her when he calls, or just hope that he doesn't call and mind my own business???? I hate drama lol I don't even know how I ended up involved in this one!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Tell her either she tells or you tell (if you have proof).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
You tell her to find someone else to cover for her, that you don't want to get in the middle of their affairs. Then call your brother and tell him. He probably won't believe you, but it will at least make him watch her more closely so he can catch her himself.
ShanesMommy2012
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Tell him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I don't have any proof, she just called and told me which is really weird anyway since we're not close these days. But yeah that's a good idea I'll try talking to her about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell her either she tells or you tell (if you have proof).

princesskt
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:47 PM

oh dear....I would probably tell my brother and tell him to get his act together with his wife...BUT my bro isn't married yet so it's hard 2 put myself in your shoes.  It sounds like no matter what you do you risk them getting mad at you....Bad position to be in....

mama-sita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

My sister was running around on my BIL while he was deployed.  I emailed him and told him.  Cheating isn't right for any reason.  At all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM

i would tell her that if she does not tell your brother than you will. 

be a loyal sister

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

i would tell her that if she does not tell your brother than you will. 

be a loyal sister

Lorik1969
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind if moron calls her husbands sister for a cover?? This has to be some kind of joke or test or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Well we went to school together and were bffs for years, then she hooked up with my brother which I always thought was a little weird but whatever lol. I think she was hoping to pull some old friendship strings or something, as far as I know she doesn't have much of a social life outside of their friends.

Quoting Lorik1969:

What kind if moron calls her husbands sister for a cover?? This has to be some kind of joke or test or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)