Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice will help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
The problem is my husband left me again for the sixth time. At this point I'm done trying to repair anything. We have four kids. One is his and another females. Our 2nd child is just mine. Her dad is not involved at all. And two kids together. All my children are really close to me. Even my stepson. He still lives with me until school is over. But then his dad wants him to move to Mississippi with him. His mom has had very lil to do with him since he was a baby. But today she called him and told him he has two choices. Philly of Mississippi. I live in Arizona. He wants me to call a lawyer. He doesn't want to go with ether. He told me I'm his only mom. I've raised him since he was 3. Now he is 14. He's not a baby anymore but he is my lil boy. Do I have rights? Can I fight for my son? If I do fight. Will I even have a chance since his mom n dad want him? Mom left him completely at age 6. And his dad has no relationship with him. :(. Me and him are so close. Like mom and son should be.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

IDK. But my stepdad lost custody of his son to his 2nd wife, who was his step mother. No one is quite sure why. He was like 12 when they split.

Chantilly1
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:57 PM

i dont know but whatever happens I hope it is in the childs best interest

hugs mama 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM

You can try if you can prove that the childs mother has had absolutely NO involvement with him since he was 6. However, if you can't prove enough to strip her of her rights, then unfortunately no, you do not. The few times I've heard step parents even getting visitation is when the bio parent dies.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Call your courthouse and ask if there is a time when lawyers offer free legal advice. The courts here do it once a month I believe. Then go and ask if you have an legal rights OR if he does.  I sure hope you can keep him momma. That boy has been blessed with you . A real Mom that loves him and cares.Hugs and prayers for both of you. His Bio's seem like real pieces of work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)