Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently I am a freak? tmi question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Do you have mucous in your stool? I have for as long as I remember. I never have anything on the toilet paper when I wipe except for a little bit of mucous. This came up in a conversation with dh tonight. I have never thought about it and never talked about it with anyone else. Now I did some googling and it sounds like some kind of horrible problem. I go regularly, never have to strain, and there is never any blood or anything. Anyone else do this?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Bump. Serious question!
AF_Petite
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
It could be normal or abnormal. It wouldn't hurt to go get checked by the doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama-sita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My SO has mucus in his stool, sometimes blood.  He had it tested (yes, he had his poop tested) because we're trying to figure out what he's sick with.  He has horrible gastrointestinal problems, pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, plus major joint problems.  It's so bad he doesn't come to bed when his joints flair up.  They found white blood cells in his stool, like A LOT.  They're concerned about ulcerative colitis so they're going to do a colonoscopy.  I'd suggest maybe bringing it up to your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)