Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honest opinions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Honest options what do you ladies think of this color palet. We are building and I'm trying to keep counter and cabinets and floors natural and neutrual and will add color through walls and accents and photographs.

Top: dark wood floor and next to it is tile for fireplace

Middle: underneath is cabinets  on top darker is counters and a small backsplash and the lighter is bathrooms counter and back splash ( natural stone)

Bottom: carpet for bedroom and vinyl for bathrooms and laundry room. (Don't like tile floors its too cold)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Bump

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Too much beige for me. I know you plan to bring in color elsewhere, but that's my opinion. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Picture of your house?
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM

i second that.  i'm sure in real life there are differences, but from the pic, it all just looks....beige

Quoting momtolittleg:

Too much beige for me. I know you plan to bring in color elsewhere, but that's my opinion. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM

The wood floors look cheap to me, I like the stone, and my carpet is that color, and already it's stained with who knows what. I can't get it out and it looks terrible. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I'm going for in the laundry room with the neutral floor and color on walls

This is the style we haven't chosen out outside colors yet. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Picture of your house?

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I think it's nice. I like neutrals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Way too brown.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Don't like the carpet or anything on the right side. I like the left side option for the stone and counters, i like the wood flooring. The cabinets are ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorik1969
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Love the house! I went neutral when we built our house. The laninate, dark geeen, marble-looks counters were popular and my hisband wanted those. i told him ok, but in 5 years I would want new counters, so he agreed to go neutral. That was 16 years ago, and I still have the original flooring and countertops but the paint and decorations have changed. It's a lot cheaper to replace curtains and pictures than it is to replace the other stuff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)