Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Physical therapy for my VAGINA?!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have never even heard of this, but my doctor told me I need to go to a physical therapist for my vagina. Has anyone done this before? What usually happens at a session?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Why?
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

i've never heard of this.  what's wrong with your vag that it needs therapy?  (not trying to sound snarky or sarcastic or anything...i just don't think i understand what the therapy is for)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

It depends, does the thereapist charge by the hour? ;) all joking aside, why did your doctor say you needed it? I've never heard of it before.

Mommy2b2many
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I've been told to do kegels... but that's the extent of it. Did you just have a baby?
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Lol, no way, I would die.  I've been to PT for issues with both my hand and shoulders.  Everyone was in an open room all together doing their various exercises.  No way would I be comfortable going for PT for that private of an area, even if they offered a private room.  (Which I'm sure they would, but still.....)

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Dafuq

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I had a fallen pelvic floor and I had to have it done...they don't do it in the middle of a room with others...it's a private room and it's a lot like having an electric stem machine placed inside you. It makes the muscles contract and release...it hurts like hell!
WeddingBelles
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It depends, does the thereapist charge by the hour? ;) all joking aside, why did your doctor say you needed it? I've never heard of it before.

Sex is very painful for me so I went in to discuss my options. When she examined me she decided that I have weak muscles down there and that is what causes painful sex. She said the therapy will fix it. But I have no idea what to expect
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
The therapist will fuck your brains out. True story bro.
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Uh, what? No, I've never heard of this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)