Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-sec moms

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 30 Replies

I'm 15 weeks PP and today I woke up with a ton of pain at my incision site (mostly the left side)...the best way to describe it is I feel like I'm ripping apart on the inside at this spot.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and nothing to cause any strain to that area. like I said it's been all day. I though it would go away but it hasn't yet and hurts whenever i move.

is this a normal part of postpartum  pain? Or should I call my DR just to check? if so..which doc? my ob or the family practitioner?

ETA: no swelling, redness or anything abnormal on the outside.I haven't had any pain since about 2 weeks PP

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I had constant pain for a while after my csection. I still get pains and its almost been a year now. I am six months pregnant also at the moment but my ob would always tell me the pain was normal. I would still call your ob just incase its something else since its all of a sudden being painful.
Moe1521
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I never had pain that severe, but I do still get pain and itching from time to time. Does the spot where it is hurting feel hot, or look inflamed at all?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DragonInfinity
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM
/i had that ain too, but i would call your OB just to be safe.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I would call the doc. It could be infected. Is it red or inflamed or anything?
mama-sita
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Is the site red and swollen?  Hot to the touch?  If so, definitely call your doctor.  If not, it could just be the nerves growing back together and "waking up" as they call it.  I hated it when that happened.  :(

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM

At 15 WEEKS PP?  It doesn't sound normal to me at all..

By almost 4 months PP I had ZERO pain left.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Cmgmqmmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I'd check with your doctor. It may be nothing but 15 weeks seems to be a long time pp to have issues. I would also be concerned about maybe a hernia. Could be small, but would cause the pain you're describing.
Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I never experienced anything like that. I've had two c-sections.

LovingSAHMommy

I healed quickly and easily, then felt the same thing a few months pp. I was scared and called my doctor. The nurse told me it was pretty common, and to take it easy (though I thought I had been). Sure enough, the next day, everything was fine. With that being said, yours may not be "nothing", so just in case, I'd call your doctor. Hopefully it goes away like mine did, and doesn't come back. Hope you feel better, soon!

beckylynn486
I am 6 months pp and my left side is like that the doctor said that is where he put the tool to keep my abdomen open during surgery
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)