Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made spinach chips and they are delicious!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 4 Replies
2 moms liked this
We bought some spinach from costco, then I realized just how much spinach that was lol and so I made some spinach chips! I've been craving chips so bad lately but I cant have them because i'm on a diet, so these are a GREAT alternative for any ladies trying to lose some weight. oil, you could use olive oil, I used coconut oil. put it in a bowl and swirl all the leaves around, so it coats them entirely, place flat on the oven pan and add some salt and pepper to taste. now the recipe called for 295 degrees, but seriously whoever puts the oven that low? it takes forever! I put mine at 350 and just watched it every 5 minutes. took it out when it looked crispy. let it cool down, and YUM.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding/mixfeeding with an SNS, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, instinctive parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Xo.LOVES.Xo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Sounds delicious!

usmcwifey11
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Yummy! I make kale chips the same way, but I've never tried spinach chips. I know what I'm making tomorrow!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I was going to do that too last time I bought spinach from Costco (it really is a buttload of spinach in that container!) but I didn't get around to it before it started going bad. I make kale chips basically the same way, I use olive oil and a bit of apple cider vinegar, and sprinkle them with kosher salt after I put them on the baking sheet. Soooo good!

LucyHourglass
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I was going to do that too last time I bought spinach from Costco (it really is a buttload of spinach in that container!) but I didn't get around to it before it started going bad. I make kale chips basically the same way, I use olive oil and a bit of apple cider vinegar, and sprinkle them with kosher salt after I put them on the baking sheet. Soooo good!

i didnt think of adding ACV! that would be yummy i should try that. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding/mixfeeding with an SNS, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, instinctive parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)