Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to share!!! GREAT NEWS!! update at the bottom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have to share and I'm anonymous just to protect any legal matters.

My family got the court date to finalize the adoption for my little brother!!

He was adopted by another family as a baby, and they were really close to my family. We fell in love with him and shortly after they officially adopted him he came to live with us and has been with us ever since. He's now 7 and our court date to have him officially adopted is set for the 15th!!

Our family is going before the judge in 4 hours!! This little boy who has taken over our hearts in the 6 short years we've had him will officially be ours, share our last name, and be forever a part of our family!! I'm just so happy that this day has finally come! The fears of the previous adoptive family taking him back is gone! 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
They adopted him and then gave him to you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Erinlayden
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Congratulations!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Wait...so he was adopted by another family and after he was officially adopted they put him in your house and now you're adopting him yourself?
Sharell8710
How did he live with you after he was adopted?
MilkLover0203
I'm so confused. So your parents had a baby and gave him up for adoption to a family you knew but then your parents fell in love with the child they just gave up for adoption and moved him back in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Yes. The family was over whelmed with the needs of his older two siblings who are special needs and felt it would be better for him being completely normal to be in a family that could devote more time to him than they could.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Xo.LOVES.Xo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I too am confused

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM

No. Another family adopted him. We're adopting him from them. He's lived with us for the last 6.5 years though.

Quoting MilkLover0203:

I'm so confused. So your parents had a baby and gave him up for adoption to a family you knew but then your parents fell in love with the child they just gave up for adoption and moved him back in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Then why did they adopt him? Sorry but you don't adopt a child and then change your mind!!! 

Congrats to your family though, I'm happy he is loved and it sounds like better off with your family!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. The family was over whelmed with the needs of his older two siblings who are special needs and felt it would be better for him being completely normal to be in a family that could devote more time to him than they could.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Legally the orginal adoptive parents set up a "care plan" for him. With my parents being listed as his care givers.

Quoting Sharell8710:

How did he live with you after he was adopted?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)