Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Share your experiences with

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Abortion and adoption.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Dont have any.

Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM

none

jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I have  experience with both. I am adopted, I love my adoptive parents, and know nothing about my biological parents, and I don't plan on looking for them, not that I could even if I wanted to. I had an abortion when I was 16, and I had a sister in law who wanted to adopt it, and asked, begged, and threatened, so that was a negative experience. I've never regretted aborting as opposed to adopting it out, its been almost 10 years, and it was the best choice for me, I'm relieved and grateful to this day that I made the choice I did. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I had two abortions no adoption. No regrets
Mweddle
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I have adopted 4 kids.  They are awesome.  I am a huge supporter of adoption especially foster care adoption.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I adopted my son as a teen.  My son is such a smiley young man and filled with so much joy!  My son has cerebral palsy (in a wheelchair), non-verbal (technically-he uses talk box, adaptive sign, gestures, pecs) and he has developmental delays -on a toddler level, has gastrological issues and migraines

My son is absolutely terrific and an absolute blessing!!

bchic24
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I don't have any experience with either, but I do hope to adopt in the future.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I got pregnant when I was 16, by a guy who I knew my whole life but never dated. When I told him I was pregnant, he told me that he was going to have a bunch of people drunk me and beat me up so I'd lose the baby.
My mom suggested I get an abortion because her, my stepfather, and I were all fearful for my life. So I did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I had an abortion in my early twenties. I was not in ANY way ready to parent. I had no desire to be tied to the father for the rest of my life. I was living with my bff who HAD adopted out her baby years before. An open adoption. She got pictures and letters but it was too painful for her to see him. She told me she would NEVER suggest to anyone that they do what she did because it was often more than she could handle.to know her son was out there and that she was unable to care for him. (it was her choice to put him up for adoption)
I aborted. I felt guilt, but not an ounce of regret. I changed my life, I finished school (I had previously dropped out of college) and I have been much more responsible ever since. I never wanted to be in a position to have to make that choice again. When I say I was more responsible I mean financially, not with bc. I had started on the pill the month I got pregnant and didn't know it doesn't work the first month. Plus I started my period on Sunday and thought I should wait a week to start taking it, so I basically screwed it all up because I never read any of the inserts.
I think about how old that child would be from time to time. I think about the date that I had the abortion every year. I am thankful that I had the experience because it made me grow up and changed me for the better. I am thankful to that "soul" if there was one for changing my life for the better. All I really cared aboit before that was partying and having fun.
So guilt, yes. But guilt I could live with. No regret. Not like my bff who gave her baby up and to this day (16 yrs later) is so consumed with guilt and regret that she has been unable to sustain a relationship with a man or move on with her life.
So in my eyes, she sacrificed her life for her child while my child sacrificed it's life for me and for the two children I now have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)