Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keep track of your own shit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Just had to tell my SO for the very first time,.since we've been together.
He misplaces crap all the damn time and more often than not, he places blame for the missing item, on me and I just bite my tongue.

Tonight though, he came home asking about his debit card that just came in the mail a couple weeks ago, saying that he placed the card back in the envelope and then placed the envelope on the arm of the couch and of course, now he can't find it and who must be to blame for him not being able find said card??? Yep, me.

He told me that I MUST have picked it up and moved it blah blah blah.
I got pissed and told him to grow the hell up and keep track of his own shit, that it is not my job to keep track of his mail, bills and other crap.
I told him to look in his truck and what do you know, the damn card was in the envelope and stuffed in his visor.

He may think twice before blaming me for his missing shit again.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I divorced someone like this! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM

lol. that is why I have dh's mail key and check his mail and get his checks and do all the bills. I love him but if I left it to him nothing would get paid. I even swap out his insurance and get his registration and deal with all his cards etc. he has a bank card, his credit card, and his drivers license in his wallet and nothing else

casseopeia
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I put a big yellow bowl next to the front door and told my SO to put all his pocket stuff in the bowl; car keys, money clip, notes to himself, etc.  And I made him do it every single night when I lived with him.  For awhile it  worked, but when I moved out, he reverted to his old ways and now can't find shit.  

I don't really have any suggestions, other than to say that he probably will blame you, even if you move out.

BaltimoreBaby
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM

My husband does shit like this but your confession aggrivates me on your behalf!

So, he left his debit card on the arm of the sofa a few weeks ago?!?! What were you supposed to do? Leave it on the arm of the sofa for weeks?! UGH Even if you had moved it and forgot where you put it, I'd still totally support you!

opal10161973
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I NEVER take the blame for the times when DH loses his stuff.  EVER.  He knows he does it all on his own.  He has learned that I won't allow him to blame ME for his issues with leaving his wallet, keys, etc- everywhere.  I even went so far as to put up two hooks for keys and he still forgets.  I tell him, "That's all on you.", when he does this stuff.  He has learned that I have tried to help and if he refuses to use the tools, like the hook, then it is all on him.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)