Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She was breastfeeding where?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ok so the only reason I'm going anon is because I dont want to get bashed for getting state assistance. Anyway I was at the Food Stamp office today and it had to have been itty bitty baby day there lol. Well anyway there was prolly 3-4 of them there. I was very excited to see one of the mothers breastfed her baby not once but twice while we were there. I was so excited I wanted to go over and tell her good job or something but I am not that outspoken lol. I was too shy. I just wanted to share what I had seen today. Surrounded by babies with bottles full of formula she was contently breastfeeding I was so proud!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Maybe those two extra IQ points will make that baby smart enough to stay off welfare. Lmao
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM

is it really common for people to formula feed in the us? where I live in canada 99% of the mothers breastfeed for 6 months or more.

tennisgal
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

breastfeeding rates in the U.S. are abysmal

Quoting bustybee:

is it really common for people to formula feed in the us? where I live in canada 99% of the mothers breastfeed for 6 months or more.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM

That's awesome!

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM

not looking for bf v. ff, but why?

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting bustybee:

audreesmama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Yes unfortunatley. I would think especially people require state assistance would want to do something that cost less for your child they would do it... but my husband hit it on the head when i told him. Its lazyness, which also doesnt make sense because I personaly having done both think its easier. But in the beginning it is hard and they give up.

Quoting tennisgal:

Quoting bustybee:

kirita323
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to give out little cards that said "thanks for nursing in public" and walk away. drmomma.org, a friend gave me some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)