Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bad mom confession.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
My son is only 10 months old and i supplement with cow's milk when i don't have enough breastmilk pumped because I'm too broke to buy formula.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ammiemarie0307
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM

can you get wic

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM
My son was supplemented with cows milk starting at 9 months on a recommendation from his pedi. You're not a bad mom. Ds is 4 and perfectly healthy. Very rarely gets sick.
Bekki
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 PM

And yet you have an internet connection and a computer, or possibly a smartphone......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Way to judge. I need Internet for my college classes that we have to pay out of pocket for.

Quoting Bekki:

And yet you have an internet connection and a computer, or possibly a smartphone......

horseap
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM

If you have to try rice or coconut milk over cows milk.  Running out happens. Who's giving him the bottles?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM
His dad or my mom gives the bottles to him. I will try those other milks. I've been watching him for any signs of it not settling right with his body and there doesn't seem to be any, but i feel terrible everytime he needs a bottle but he drank all the breastmilk. I don't get much with a pump anymore :(

Quoting horseap:

If you have to try rice or coconut milk over cows milk.  Running out happens. Who's giving him the bottles?

mrs.ramirez
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Oh well. Why not try wic?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I have it already but i don't get formula checks because i was breastfeeding. The checks are already printed out until his 1st birthday and then i will not have wic anymore. I called to make an appointment to tell them i need formula but they can't get me in for a few more weeks. ):

Quoting ammiemarie0307:

can you get wic

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I would give him almond milk instead.

horseap
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Have you tried anything to help boost production?  Pumping can be tricky.It was hard for me to relax and letdown. Also it took a REALLY good pump before I saw any results.  I only had a hand pump for my first two and just thought I couldnt :(  Just remember that pumping results doesnt show how much baby is getting. 

Quoting Anonymous:

His dad or my mom gives the bottles to him. I will try those other milks. I've been watching him for any signs of it not settling right with his body and there doesn't seem to be any, but i feel terrible everytime he needs a bottle but he drank all the breastmilk. I don't get much with a pump anymore :(

Quoting horseap:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)