Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
He works late, then he comes home & you go to bed right away?
On the nights that my SO has to close at work, he has to stay until at least 12:30am.
Let's just say, I like to sleep, since DS is usually up at 7am, so I like going to sleep a bit earlier than SO does.
But SO gets really irritated if I go to bed when he comes home or soon after he comes home. He doesn't think I want to spend time with him.
Which, I do, but I need sleep...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
No he would not be mad at me for that. He would probably be upset with me if I wasn't in bed.
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Than sleep in and make him take care of them? Lol I dunno but there's got to be some way to make him understand.
jojo_star
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Nope, because I work as well, plus take care of the house and kids, if he came home so late. He does the same on the days I work later. 

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
My DH would probably be a little sad if I never stayed up. We go to bed together every night, so me going to bed without him at night would be really weird for me. My DH would understand if I didn't always stay up, but I think I would make an effort to at least somtimes. Plus, we like to have sexy time before bed, lol. If your DH is home in the morning with you when your ds gets up, then he should compromise with you. You get up one morning, he gets up the next and take turns sleeping in a little so you can spend time together at night.
Kage336
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

No, he'd understanding that I need to sleep. Maybe suggest your SO does something he likes to do to unwind then. My DF enjoys his few moments of alone time to play video games, watch a movie, or play guitar.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

No, DF isn't a selfish ass. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

No. Sorry but that's stupid, IMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

no- he understand

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Do you whine to him that he doesn't want to spend time with you when he doesn't get up in the morning when YOU do?

Maybe if you did he'd GET that he's being selfish.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quoting MomTo2Boys12:

No, my husband acts like an adult and understands that I'm tired. If I go to bed, I go to bed... He doesn't care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)