Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
He works late, then he comes home & you go to bed right away?
On the nights that my SO has to close at work, he has to stay until at least 12:30am.
Let's just say, I like to sleep, since DS is usually up at 7am, so I like going to sleep a bit earlier than SO does.
But SO gets really irritated if I go to bed when he comes home or soon after he comes home. He doesn't think I want to spend time with him.
Which, I do, but I need sleep...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Nope he understands. I have to get up early to get the kids off to school.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

No.  In fact, frequently I goi to bed before he gets home.

He's a night owl, does some of his best work after the "workday" when phones aren't ringing and there aren't any meetings going on.  He many times works til 10-11-12-1 in the morning.  I get up with my daughter for school, she's 18, but I still get up with her at 5:30 (she's graduating in June, yay).  So, no, I don't stay up even until he gets home.  I need more sleep.  Plus he gets up later, usually after she's already left.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Lol :)

Quoting jamamama00:

Stay up with him. Then wake him up when you get up. That'll solve that.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM

No. He knows I have things that require me to be up early and stay up all day. Sometimes that means we go all week without more than a hi and bye but thats ok. This too shall pass and someday it will be just us and I am sure we will more than make up for it lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
um no. He isn't a child. I don't see him getting up early to spend time with you when are up at 7
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM

absolutely not. everyone has a different sleep schedule. we cannot all possibly be the same.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I generally wait up for him and we go to bed together. If I am tired and go to bed before he gets home, he is fine.

CafeMom Tickers
MamaMay007
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I ususally take a nap when the kids go to bed and set an alarm for when he will be home.  

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Nap when you put the kids to sleep, spend time with SO when he gets home, go back to sleep when he does.  You get sleep and time with your man that way.

Acid
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM

How old is he, 12?

No my husbandman doesn't get mad.  He's not 12.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)