Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
He works late, then he comes home & you go to bed right away?
On the nights that my SO has to close at work, he has to stay until at least 12:30am.
Let's just say, I like to sleep, since DS is usually up at 7am, so I like going to sleep a bit earlier than SO does.
But SO gets really irritated if I go to bed when he comes home or soon after he comes home. He doesn't think I want to spend time with him.
Which, I do, but I need sleep...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (31-40):
AquariusFemale9
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM

For us it's in reverse. DH is home by noon and I work all kinds of weird hours throughout the week. I'd rather him stay up but he's usually down for the count by 9pm.

Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM

No, he's not selfish or immature.

DragonInfinity
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Its just the opposite for me.......I am a night owl, and Dh gets upset/angry that I don't go to bed with him when he does. I like to stay up till 10-12 and he goes to bed around 8-9:30pm. Yes I go to bed with him most of the time, but sometimes I like to stay up and have "ME" time.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Schleetle
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
No. DH has a rotating schedule so there are plenty of evenings we go to sleep at different times.
mistie900
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Luckily my DF gets off at 5 pm every day. He works for the county in the courthouse so his whole building shuts down at 5. When he used to work nights he was never upset if I didn't stay up. He understood I was tired. But he didn't get home until 2:30 am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
My husband works nights and doesn't get home till about 3-4 every night so I sleep after our daughter goes to sleep till he comes home then fix him supper we watch a movie or something then we go to bed together. Works for us.
dee1603
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM
When dh and I first started dating he worked funky hours and I worked typical daytime hours. He would come over after he got off work, and the night I knew he was coming over I went to bed 2 hours early and he would wake me up to visit for a bit. You can go one night a week with a weird sleep schedule to make dh happy.
ShanesMommy2012
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Nope, he's 23.

Quoting Acid:

How old is he, 12?

No my husbandman doesn't get mad.  He's not 12.

Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
He rarely comes home late but when he does he doesnt care if Im in bed when he gets there. I text him and tell him goodnight and that I love him, then go to sleep. He understands that Im tired and have been chasing a baby around all day.
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Nope. He comes to bed to get ready for work the next day. 

photo adfa9939-46c5-4b0d-932a-04a6c9a3d88c_zps25821587.jpg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)