Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My trip to Walmart.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this

I see my friend as I'm walking in. I wave. I rush to the ATM to get a few hundred dollars out to get a money order to pay a bill. There is a short line. The guy in front of me is talking about a muscle builder he is taking to put on weight. I laugh to myself since the guy is only about 4'11 and probably as "stacked" as he can get. Get my money, go to the pharmacy to put in my son's prescription. Much to my delight, it's already been filled. Walk around for a bit, run in to my friend by pet supplies. We chat and look at dog brushes. One looks like a torture device so we try to figure out how it works. We don't. W say goodbye. I grab my toilet paper, go look at futons, go look at paint colors. As I'm walking over to get some salad I see a lady I went to high school with. She looks perfect, a size 2, so pretty. I feel fat. I notice a man checking her out. Like stopping and following her with his gaze. I feel even fatter. Grab a package of doughnuts. Pay, get money order, go to car, eat two doughnuts to drown my sorrow. Some little creep in the van next to me is staring. I glare and eat another doughnut. Fuck me, I just made myself fatter. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatieFlower
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
You sound like an author- I like it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Love it.  And don't feel bad.  Something I often say to describe how overwhelmed I feel is, "So I gave up on trying that, and went home to eat a cupcake."

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

first page!!!

Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Amazing =)

momma2mms
by Kristin on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

lol

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
How....original
Lol

Cool story

*runs to find doughnuts*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Well that's fantastic.

Kage336
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I love it.

Rocker.Mom.07
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM

No fights? No mother screaming at her kids or not screaming at her kids and the kids are screaming at her?...so cuss outs at the register?...hmm, a normal shopping experience post. Rare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)