Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dog bit my son ((UPDATE!))

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
  • 61 Replies

Mobile Photo

Right on the lip...no idea what happened but my kids were watching cartoons in our room while hub and me were watching a Bates motel reruns.I heard crying, bypassed dog and there was my poor bleeding son. After a cars bandaid he was totally fine..will leave a scar but that's all.

First I want to say thanks ladies for your opinions.  I found them this morning making up.  I honestly think my son might of provoked it, he is known to be rough and he is working on being nice but I did once see him body slam the poor dog so we just need to work on manners with both of them.  And I would feel bad taking him to the pound because last year we got rid of our Humain Society and our shelter returned to a kill shelter and I believe he would be put down right away for biting...just dosn't seem fair.  I have raised him since he was 6 weeks so I really just want to try to make this work, I was told that maby he just needs to grow up some?  Anywho, thanks again.

http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
4 moms liked this

Not gonna lie, I would probably get rid of the dog. JMO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
This.

Quoting littlesippycup:

Not gonna lie, I would probably get rid of the dog. JMO

Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM

My moms dog bit my oldest DD. she has a large scar on her upper lip. Apparently DD sat down too close to no one day with food. It was a few years ago. I still holds grudge! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I hate biting dogs... When I was in Kindergarten, I got mauled in the face.. He ripped my lips opened and everything.. They were literally hanging open.. He never growled or barked or made a sound.. I bent down to give him a kiss.. He was a chow chow.. 

So, I would probably kill the dog and tell my FIL what happened and he would take care of it!

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I take it that it was a small dog.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
That dog would be out of my home...
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Chows are assholes. I owned one.  Anyway they don't bark or growl before they bite you. They just stick those little bear ears forward and bite. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate biting dogs... When I was in Kindergarten, I got mauled in the face.. He ripped my lips opened and everything.. They were literally hanging open.. He never growled or barked or made a sound.. I bent down to give him a kiss.. He was a chow chow.. 

So, I would probably kill the dog and tell my FIL what happened and he would take care of it!

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM

aww! did he say what happened?

Bekki
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Is he able to tell you what happened? If it was unprovoked, dog would be out of my house. My dog snapped at my son once, but ds jumped on dogs bad hip while he was asleep and it was a surprised reaction. I love my dog, but biting is a dealbreaker for me.

Martina70
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM

But what happened? Did the dog just walk up and bite him? I think you need to figure that out to determine what the next step is. 

Not to mention....I can almost hear ride of the valkyries playing in my head thinking that if this thread lights up there will be a lot of moms wagging their tongue that you and you DH were in a different room. (I am not one of them BTW)...but expect it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)