Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH admits I've put on weight...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 167 Replies

So DH and I were talking today. We took the kids to the park and as we were leaving, I told him I felt frumpy compared to a lot of those moms. They all seemed to be a size 2. I'm plus size...have been since college, and I'll never be a size 2...my skinny is a size 8. I'm like an 18 currently.

I told him this and he goes "Well...you HAVE gained some weight" I wasn't mad, just a tad hurt. I asked him if he felt like he wasn't as turned on by me because of weight and he admitted, a little. Granted, DH is about 6'1" and 300 lbs so he ain't a small guy. Again, it didn't make me angry...just hurt me a little.

I don't think he would leave me for someone skinnier, that's just silly. But I gotta say, it really put a damper on my day :( So now I'm left looking in the mirror "Well, you're a pretty girl but it all means nothing if your husband thinks you're fat"

Sorry. Just venting.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I'm in the same boat. The same size too. It sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him his penis is hiding. it doesn;t feel the same.

Just kidding. My husband told me that one day when he called himself fat. It was all I could think about when I read this.

mcclainprincess
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM
4 moms liked this
You don't seem too happy with yourself either. Sounds like he was just confirming your thoughts. So what's your plan now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Thanks for making me smile :)

I don't worry about our relationship, but it doesn't exactly feel awesome to hear that from the person you married. Especially since I'm not telling him he's gained weight over the years. I love him how he is!

Quoting Anonymous:

tell him his penis is hiding. it doesn;t feel the same.

Just kidding. My husband told me that one day when he called himself fat. It was all I could think about when I read this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I feel the same way, except my husband is skin and bones. He's 6'2" and 165 lbs. He's actually trying to gain weight.

britadams10
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

aww, he's supposed to be the one that tells you you're as perfect as you ever were! but if your unhappy, go on a diet, i did weight watchers.. best weight loss program ever

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM

No, I'm definitely not. I dunno how I let myself get to this point. I was never a fat person growing up. I'm not sure where to even begin other than cutting out sweets and soda. I'd like to go to the gym to get a chance to put on my earbuds and just workout (I enjoy working out!), but YDD is soooo clingy that she won't even go to DH without crying so I dunno how I'd get the time to do much of anything outside of the house. That and she hates to be put down and hates to be worn.

So I'm feeling kinda stuck, y'know?

Quoting mcclainprincess:

You don't seem too happy with yourself either. Sounds like he was just confirming your thoughts. So what's your plan now?

MizzDeeDee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell him you'll lose weight if he does. He's pretty overweight himself.

cowgirls10181
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Ive put on some hubby has put on 100#. We both went to the dr this week and got a look at the numbers. Hess 100 more than me! Ive been attempting weightloss with little success but im not giving up. Weight gain comes naturally. I wouldnt worry too much we all change with age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
10 moms liked this

well...you opened the door to the conversation, and he was honest with you. would you rather he lied? i would want to know about an issue in my relationship instead of never knowing and being blindsided one day.

now that you know, and he has a similar problem, with weight, maybe you guys can work on it together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)